Radiohead available on Zune Marketplace, URGE, 7digital, etc; still not on iTunes

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Has anyone realized that Radiohead actually is available for digital purchase practically everywhere else? What gives with Radiohead, are they just anti-iTunes? Mac users who prefer downloads are just left in the cold. I try to bring these issues up with the iTunes Request page and emailing the record label but nothing ever seems to amount to anything. Sometimes the iTunes Store can really disappoint (like how ridiculously messy it is with duplicates, partial albums, and wrong metadata...another matter entirely)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I don't think it's so much the band's decision as it is the record company's. I assume MS just paid them off.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    I knew that Radiohead was a hold-out, but didn't realise that this was only against Apple. It's a good thing that I own all of their albums already! -- except for Pablo Honey... that's not Radiohead. Sometimes I even have a hard time convincing myself that The Bends is Radiohead...

What would be really amazing is if iTS could get, not the albums, but the singles! I always fealt that $8 for three songs was a rip-off, so I never bought any of them over the years. But if I could pick them up for $3 on iTunes, I might even be tempted to buy DRMed music.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    but radiohead are shhhi....not greaT
  • Reply 4 of 9
    I knew this day would eventually come...
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denton View Post

It's a good thing that I own all of their albums already! -- except for Pablo Honey... that's not Radiohead. Sometimes I even have a hard time convincing myself that The Bends is Radiohead...

I have a hard time convincing myself that everything after Kid A is more than a creative afterthought.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trendannoyer

but radiohead are shhhi....not greaT

A lot of people feel this.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel

I have a hard time convincing myself that everything after Kid A is more than a creative afterthought.

To each their own. Don't misunderstand what I say, though: The Bends is a great album. It is sometimes difficult for me to believe that the same band wrote The Bends as wrote Kid A. But perhaps we can agree on Kid A, from which I can hardly pick a single song that I like taken alone, in spite of the fact that every time I listen to the album, I still get shivers.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Radiohead were against the idea of their songs being available individually, they rely on album sales. I was aware that their catalogue was available on some of the smaller, more principled stores. Perhaps Zune marketplace is allowing album purchases only. As far as being anti-Mac, Radiohead use Macs so I'm sure that's not it.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    The more urgent quetion is... when does iTunes store get K-Fed.