Best Mac OSX browser

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Learned last summer that Microsoft IE for Mac was no longer supported. Tried FireFox for awhile, but it too seemed to have "undeveloped features" for use on a Mac. Upgraded to OSX 10.4.8 and have used Safari since, but have problems viewing multiple websites and recent email service-providers that I need to use, including one for school that relies on Entourage, are incompatible.

Need to make upgrade over the holidays, but to what?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Firefox 2.0 is pretty damn good.

Get the adblock plus plug in and your set.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    1) Safari + saft for default browser

2) Firefox 2 for backup

3) Shiira 2 for niche browser novelty fix
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Or Camino, it's like Firefox but more "Mac-ish"
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Safari/WebKit and Camino are probably the two only browsers you'll ever need.

WebKit is the latest version of the engine that Safari (and Shiira, OmniWeb, and a few other) uses and works with more sites...of course, there's nothing you can really do when a site specifically blocks certain browser clients (besides spoofing and politely telling the webmaster that he/she should concentrate on coding using web standards instead of coding for IE and blocking everything else.)
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Firefox 2.0 is pretty damn good.

Get the adblock plus plug in and your set.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    I use safari, but what happened to tabs like i had in panther?

firefox 2.0 seems to crash alot on my macbook.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    I get a lot of crashes from Firefox 2 (G4 Powerbook & Power Mac G5). Camino looks nice, but doesn't seem to be as powerful, so Safari cuts it for all round browsing pleasure for me.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    i'm looking for a new browser. safari is just too kludgy for me, firefox 2 is just too damn slow for me, i hate how long it takes to initially start it up. really the best thing for firefox is Sage, an RSS reader, which is the ONLY reason i stick to firefox.

downloading Opera right now...

http://www.opera.com/
  • Reply 9 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member