9.8GB of other??? data

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My ipod summary is showing 9.8GB of "other" data on my ipod summary page...

it isn't video, or photos... and i have never used the ipod as an external hard drive... what could this be?

i thought album art, but that just seems ridiculously big for it to be album art....

any assistance here is appreciated... i just got new Mac Book Pro and want this issue resolved before i move itunes and my library over to the new machine...

thx in advance...

jscott

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jscottcj View Post

My ipod summary is showing 9.8GB of "other" data on my ipod summary page...

it isn't video, or photos... and i have never used the ipod as an external hard drive... what could this be?

i thought album art, but that just seems ridiculously big for it to be album art....

any assistance here is appreciated... i just got new Mac Book Pro and want this issue resolved before i move itunes and my library over to the new machine...

thx in advance...

jscott

Try enabling the iPod for disk use and seeing if there are any files on it.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    i enabled disk use... and there is nothing new showing up...

any other ideas?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jscottcj View Post

i enabled disk use... and there is nothing new showing up...

any other ideas?

i just had this issue mine said 1.8 gb of other then went down to about 200mb and back up to about 500mb. keeps fluxuating. i have no idea why.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shady104 View Post

i just had this issue mine said 1.8 gb of other then went down to about 200mb and back up to about 500mb. keeps fluxuating. i have no idea why.

i hear ya... it is extremely frustrating... and i need to move everything to my new Mac Book but don't want to just bring a problem over to the new machine... at least yours is fluctuating... i have no idea what to do...