2008 LCD TV will offer "psychic" forecasting

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I'm with a large flat-panel ODM TV manufacturer, which produces an assortment of North American brands, including several of our own. I happened to link this evening to a 2003 discussion on this site covering FOX TV and it's interview of Court TV Psychic Detective Noreen Renier. As a developer I'll be putting a memory "randomizer" as an option in several 2008 TV models menus (tied to the user interface/On-Screen Display) for allowing consumers to trigger at turn-on a "fortune cookie" (not necessarily all watered down), along the lines of a psychic forecast. At some point this forum may be a good one to get some active suggestions ---- the memory bin will need to be reasonable extensive with about 2800 approximate 140 character entries. Given I'm a rather large skeptic myself (see www.amindformurder.com), this is going to prove enjoyable. But I'll certainly keep this group in mind.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    We get the strangest spam, sometimes.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

We get the strangest spam, sometimes.

Nah, he's just (Temp.) Insane.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I think he is just temp spam.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Gentlemen: It was neither spam nor temporary insanity. Amidst your group may be some who might enjoy providing short bursts to be imbedded in the memory chips for future TV "fortune cookies". As I have been a product developer for several hundred TV models over the past 15 years (under several of the top 5 worldwide brands), this is something that will happen. Amid your group may also be those who take a skeptical nature to paranormal claims. The offer stands.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amindformurder View Post

Gentlemen: It was neither spam nor temporary insanity. Amidst your group may be some who might enjoy providing short bursts to be imbedded in the memory chips for future TV "fortune cookies". As I have been a product developer for several hundred TV models over the past 15 years (under several of the top 5 worldwide brands), this is something that will happen. Amid your group may also be those who take a skeptical nature to paranormal claims. The offer stands.

Well OK, but you posted it in the Temporary Insanity Forum, which by the way, will only last until, well I think the day after the Keynote? It's basically a Temporary Forum for our own Insanity, and not a good place to find suggestions. Try General Discussion.

Sebastian