iTunes shutting down after two tracks

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I really need your help. I am trying to import a CD with itunes. It keeps doing fine importing the first two tracks but then when it is done the third, it quits. When i restart it has not saved the third track. This seems to not be consistantly happening. Some CDs always do it and some always work just fine. Here is what i tried to test/fix/troubleshoot:

-Changes Encoder (MP3, AAC)

-Changes Bit Rate (192, 256)

-Restarted Computer

-Cleaned CD (They are brand new though)

-Restarted iTunes.

Can you guys think of anything else?

I have all the latest updates and the latest versions of everything.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Try ripping the CD using a program other than iTunes. You might want to also consider uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes.

If you're using iTunes 7 on a PC, it might just be another of the many bugs that this version has. If this is the case, and if you don't have an iPod that requires you to use iTunes 7 (if you bought an iPod new since 12 September, then your iPod requires iTunes 7), then my suggestion to everyone is to use iTunes 6.0.5.20 which may be found at:

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showthread.php?p=17982

(scroll down to the fifth post). You'll need to uninstall your current version of iTunes first.

Hope you get this sorted out.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks. I am using a 12" PowerBook. I was able to do it on my Dad's HP computer. On the CDs, it slowed around the point that my computer quite but it kept chugging.

He had an older version of iTunes (i do not know which one) so it may be a version thing as you have said.

Thanks for the reply