iTunes Purchased Movies

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey all,

I just purchased a movie from the ITMS, is there any way i can burn that to a DVD so i can watch it through a DVD player in my living room?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sthiede View Post

Hey all,

I just purchased a movie from the ITMS, is there any way i can burn that to a DVD so i can watch it through a DVD player in my living room?

It is my understanding that the answer is 'no'. Theoretically, in order to do this you would have to first strip off the DRM. There may be (less-than-legal) utilities that might do this as I believe that I have read that Apple's DRM has been cracked. But this would require someone to have developed the crack into working software that the average person could use. You will likely have to connect your computer to your TV. Apple's future iTV (or whatever it actually gets named) will help you do this with more ease, but for now you'll have to setup your TV as another computer monitor (if that is even possible with your particular TV).

As well, if you have a iPod Video, you might also be able to plug that into your TV and play the movie through the iPod.