Quicktime divx issue

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm a pc user and i recently bought quicktime pro because i wasn't satisfied with some video conversion programs such as videora for getting video on to my iPod. I have several .avi divx files on my computer, have the latest divx codec, and all the files work fine in wmp, vlc, divx player etc. however not only is the quicktime pro player not converting any of the files, but i can't even get quicktime to play them; all i get is a blank white or black screen with no audio. Is there some way to get quicktime pro to register the codec that i'm not doing, or any other alternate solution? Anyway, the whole reason i'm trying to get this to work is b/c quicktime pro is the only program that i've heard is able to produce iPod compatible video in resolution greater than 320x240 (when i use videora for higher resolutions, itunes refuses to add the files to the iPod saying that the iPod can't play them). I'd be very grateful if anyone could refer me to any other software that works in the higher resolutions that the apple website advertises the 5th gen iPod of being able to run. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ejf071189 View Post

I'm a pc user and i recently bought quicktime pro because i wasn't satisfied with some video conversion programs such as videora for getting video on to my iPod. I have several .avi divx files on my computer, have the latest divx codec, and all the files work fine in wmp, vlc, divx player etc. however not only is the quicktime pro player not converting any of the files, but i can't even get quicktime to play them; all i get is a blank white or black screen with no audio. Is there some way to get quicktime pro to register the codec that i'm not doing, or any other alternate solution? Anyway, the whole reason i'm trying to get this to work is b/c quicktime pro is the only program that i've heard is able to produce iPod compatible video in resolution greater than 320x240 (when i use videora for higher resolutions, itunes refuses to add the files to the iPod saying that the iPod can't play them). I'd be very grateful if anyone could refer me to any other software that works in the higher resolutions that the apple website advertises the 5th gen iPod of being able to run. Thanks!

I hear you brother....I get files that wont convert or play on QuickTime as well. Its a stupid proprietary Apple hangup. However heres a ass backwards way to do it---

1) burn the video on a dvd using WinPlayer, Nero or whatever, bring it in and make it a Quicktime Movie

2) then put it into the ipud
  • Reply 2 of 2
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ejf071189 View Post

I ? have the latest divx codec

To which codec do you refer? This one?

What's the contents of your /library/quicktime/ and ~/library/quicktime folders? (~/ is shorthand for your "home" directory)

I have several things you could try, but need to know the answers to these questions first.