Don't get me wrong I Love Macs

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Don't get me wrong I Love Macs, I have had Macs since the APPLE II/C (remember them? hahaah)

But seriously, in this age of instant gratification and price busting internet deals and Wal-Mart (you know you shop there)

Apple must move with the flow of world commerce.

Here's my labeling:

iMac---keep it but start them at $599 w/ Intel D

Mac Book---keep it but start them at $399 w/ Celeron Processors

Mac Book Pro----call them PowerBooks again and start them at $599 w/ Intel D

Mac Mini---keep it but start them at $299 w/ Intel D

Mac Pro-----call them G5 start them at $299 w/ Intel D

Airport Extreme----iport

Superdrive----DVD-RW

Final Cut Pro 5-----Final Cut

Furthermore:

sell motherboards at Frys, New Egg, Tiger Direct, Comp USA, etc starting as low as $69

open all game software up to the Mac platform, no licensing necessary

open up all mfgrs to Mac-compatible, no licensing necessary, so we can buy a DVD writer

without checking to see " if it works on a Mac"

open up Leopard FREE to all OSX users

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fatcatdj View Post

Don't get me wrong I Love Macs, I have had Macs since the APPLE II/C (remember them? hahaah)

But seriously, in this age of instant gratification and price busting internet deals and Wal-Mart (you know you shop there)

Apple must move with the flow of world commerce.

Here's my labeling:

Airport Extreme----iport

Superdrive----DVD-RW

Furthermore:

sell motherboards at Frys, New Egg, Tiger Direct, Comp USA, etc starting as low as $69

open up all mfgrs to Mac-compatible, no licensing necessary, so we can buy a DVD writer

How's the acid?
  • Reply 2 of 15
    reality sucks, lets take a break and bow down to Steve
  • Reply 3 of 15
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Well actually no, reality doesn't suck. Apple is gaining Market share with their current strategy just fine. You want to take everything that is wrong with the PC market (except Windows) and transfer it over into the Mac lines, while bankrupting Apple.

Sebastian
  • Reply 4 of 15
    You've got no mind to lose...
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Makes total sense! Why have a company with Tons of employees make a profit when they can sell their products at a loss, and lose everything they worked for?! Why didn't Mixmasta Stevie-J think about it sooner?!
  • Reply 6 of 15
    you silly narrow minded fools, you should be on the Apple payroll. I'm just stating the facts.

Why did Apple almost fail a few years ago? Because of market share. Why is iPods popular?

Because it works on both platforms. Why did BetaMax fail? Because Sony didnt open the licensing of the Beta format to mfgrs. Let the Blue Ray wars begin!
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Quote:

you silly narrow minded fools, you should be on the Apple payroll. I'm just stating the facts.

Why did Apple almost fail a few years ago? Because of market share. Why is iPods popular?

Because it works on both platforms. Why did BetaMax fail? Because Sony didnt open the licensing of the Beta format to mfgrs. Let the Blue Ray wars begin!

Wrong. Apple almost failed (a decade ago) because they let the bean counters control the computers they released. Maximized profits made for poor comparisons to stock pc equipment. With Windows95, microsoft closed the gap on performance, all the while apple stalled. A company can survive on a few percentage market share (see bmw) as long as their market is distinct...
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Quote:

When Apple's true competition is Dell, and HP, and there are PC OEMs out there with less marketshare then Apple and still doing well, I would have to ask you not to call everyone in your thread something that you are. Apple does not need to license Mac OS X, they need to Sell Macs. They will never be profitable by selling Workstation class computers at Under Budget Prices.

Sebastian
  • Reply 9 of 15
    When Apple's true competition is Dell, and HP, and there are PC OEMs out there with less marketshare then Apple and still doing well, I would have to ask you not to call everyone in your thread something that you are. Apple does not need to license Mac OS X, they need to Sell Macs. They will never be profitable by selling Workstation class computers at Under Budget Prices.

I figured youre in San Fran (Go Giants--hahaha)

Did you know Bill Gates bailed out Apple during that hard time?
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Quote:

I figured youre in San Fran (Go Giants--hahaha)

Yes, I'm in San Francisco, how is that relevant to the topic? (For the record, I rather hate Sports)

Hard Time I assume you mean the 90's, of course he bailed out on Apple. Apple was screwing itself with the very strategy you deem profitable, except even they had enough sense not to cut their prices down to almost non existent.

Sebastian
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Quote:

Nice try at revisionism.

http://news.com.com/MS+to+invest+150..._3-202143.html
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

Nice try at revisionism.

http://news.com.com/MS+to+invest+150..._3-202143.html

Hmmm I thought he meant some sort of Apple/Microsoft deal before the latest one.

My Apple History is still lacking

Sebastian
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Hmmm I thought he meant some sort of Apple/Microsoft deal before the latest one.

My Apple History is still lacking

Sebastian

The story, which I linked to, is from 1997.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Well since you double-posted this on two different threads, I shall do the same with my response.

Quote:

Here's my labeling:

Airport Extreme----iport

Superdrive----DVD-RW

Furthermore:

No offense or anything, but you are a complete idiot. I see others have refuted your "ideas" quite eloquently, but I feel compelled to do the job myself anyway.

Quote:

Here's my labeling:

Airport Extreme----iport

Superdrive----DVD-RW

As for the first part of your post, Apple should NOT build totally underpowered machines. They would run horribly and give all their other products a bad name. OS X is graphically demanding and is not gonna run on a $299 machine.

Quote:

WTF? Why call it a G5 if it doesn't have a G5 processor? And are you saying they should have their HIGHEST END MACHINE be priced at $299?

Quote:

How? No one wants to develop games for the Mac, what is Apple supposed to do about that?

Quote:

Even better, they should just give away FREE COMPUTERS to anyone who wants one.