* Help IPOD NANO *

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm unsure if this happened to anyone else, however my IPOD won't connect to my windows OS anymore. It worked for months, the unit itself is 4 months old. I don't get any errors, it just doesn't bring up anything in windows. Here's what I've tried and tested.

1) I tried switching the cable, to a brand new usb cable. That still didn't bring up anything.

2) I tried re-installation of all my USB ports.

3) I tried re-installation of ITUNES.

4) I tried plugging in my motorola phone in the same port, that charges/transfers without a problem.

5) I tried plugging it into my laptop. Still nothing.

-After all of this, my IPOD still wont load/charge. However, whenever I plug it into the socket (wall outlet) it charges fine, and causes no problems. I'm just to the point where I need to change the music in library.

I'll try anything!!! Help Please...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    If you have tried connecting your iPod to two computers and it doesn't work, then there is probably something wrong with the iPod. Take it, and your notebook, to an Apple store if you have one in your area. I'm sure that the geniuses will have something to say (if only that they need to fix/replace it). If you don't have an Apple store nearby, go to an authorised apple dealer -- the sort of store that ONLY sells Apple products. They might also be able to sort this out.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    You might want to check in Process Explorer on Windows to see if IPodService is running. If this process isn't active, the IPod will not be detected by Windows. Sometimes installations fail and this process does not always run. Worth a shot as it takes 10 seconds to check.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    justinjustin Posts: 403member
    Quote:

I'm unsure if this happened to anyone else, however my IPOD won't connect to my windows OS anymore. It worked for months, the unit itself is 4 months old. I don't get any errors, it just doesn't bring up anything in windows. Here's what I've tried and tested.

Not happened to me. I synch'd mine to Windows OS for two months, and then never synch'd it again.

You might need to have iTunes open to detect your iPod. Or else, have you tried synch'ing to someone else's Mac or Windows computer to see if you can get your files up?

If you go into your Browse modes, you should be able to read the hard drive of your iPod and find out what exactly you have on it.

Good luck.