Will Steve Jobs announce a corperate rebranding?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Will Steve Jobs announce a corperate rebranding? The last time Apple rebranded was in 2000.

Branding signifies a strong sense in corporate structure and marketplace. In the last seven years, apple have matured and grown up to be one of the most respected company in technology.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    In a word: no. They don't need to rebrand. I think the only thing we could possibly see on that front would be a slightly refreshed apple.com. If that. And even then it would only likely be a small change.

Just my two penneth.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Rebranding right now would be way too soon. The larger populace is just beginning to get acquainted with it through the iPod. Besides, you can't go wrong with Myriad Pro. Their branding is pretty spot on.

The website, though, could use a change, and assuming that the Leopard UI rumors are true, I imagine it would change to match.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    Yep, the Apple Store and website in general could definitely use a graphical overhaul. I'm getting sick of the current one anyways !!
  • Reply 4 of 15
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jvb View Post

Yep, the Apple Store and website in general could definitely use a graphical overhaul. I'm getting sick of the current one anyways !!

Apple has very strong branding. The Apple logo is very iconic and I think it is best in it's simple monotone type.

Apple does not need new branding. They just need a website without pinstripes.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

Apple has very strong branding. The Apple logo is very iconic and I think it is best in it's simple monotone type.

Apple does not need new branding. They just need a website without pinstripes.

Sorry for not really answering the question appropriately. I meant that they do not need rebranding, but definitely a new website. Just what you said. I voted No.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Apple is one of the most recognized brands in the world, why mess with that?

The only problem that it has ever caused was that the homage the name was paying to the Beatles' Apple Records has come back to bite them in ass a couple of times.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jvb View Post

Sorry for not really answering the question appropriately. I meant that they do not need rebranding, but definitely a new website. Just what you said. I voted No.

Yeah, a new website look would be nice, but they've already got a lot to do with maintaining current website and iTunes Store websites (a lot of work).
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

Yeah, a new website look would be nice, but they've already got a lot to do with maintaining current website and iTunes Store websites (a lot of work).

That's the price you pay if you are a rising company.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member

• Reply 10 of 15
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    My eyes are burning.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

My eyes are burning.

They were going to go with Dull, but it was already taken.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carson O'Genic View Post

Apple is one of the most recognized brands in the world, why mess with that?

That's exactly why. make hay while th sun shines. You need to advertise more when you are a success than when you are not (Paraphrased from Ogilvy, the God of advertising)

[QUOTE=The only problem that it has ever caused was that the homage the name was paying to the Beetles' Apple Records has come back to bite them in ass a couple of times.[/QUOTE]

Please, it's BeAtles, not beEtles,. BeEtles are either winged insects or cars made by Volkswagen!

Cheers
  • Reply 13 of 15
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I'd say the #s say it all. Nobody wants a re-brand of something that is a legend. That's like re-branding Harley Davidson.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Apple Garamond lasted for what, 25 years? Myriad is here to stay, and I'm glad of it.

Branding has nothing to do with advertising. Apple is advertising more than ever, it seems, so your friends at Ogilvy should remain pleased.

Regarding the treatment of the Apple logo; the simpler the better. The teaser graphic treats it as a flat slab and considering the fact that it's more of an icon than a logo, that's appropriate. They (thank god) stopped using the "aqua" treatment on the logo, and the silvery treatment they brought out a few years ago has been mercifully constrained to the OS X login screen. Hopefully with the new OS, apperances of the logo in Mac OS X will start to be treated as elegantly as it is on the hardware itself.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

ROFLMAO That's great Potatochop work....!!