iLife '07 shows up on Amazon.com?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Check it out here.

Just in case it disappears;

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    jvbjvb Posts: 210member
    Yes, they are informing people of it when it's released. Refer to the front page of AppleInsider for some info on it

Here's a link to the article:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2348
  • Reply 2 of 19
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    It isn't too much of a stretch as Apple has updated iLife every year at macworld. This year should be no different with iLife O7.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    Oh, and FYI, iWork ’07 and Leopard are up there too.

Could be this a sign that the release of Leopard is incipient? MWSF like I said before in other threads? Who knows? We’ll see the obviously predicted releases of iLife and iWork ’07, hopefully with some new apps and goodies for us. Leopard... I’m not so sure. I hope Apple gets it out the door soon though. All I know is I’m looking at screenshots now and me likey.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by max_naylor View Post

Oh, and FYI, iWork ?07 and Leopard are up there too.

Could be this a sign that the release of Leopard is incipient?

No, it is merely a "sign" that Amazon.com thinks such a release may be imminent. They have no inside information; they merely go by prior experience and some reasonable guessing, and want to provide their customers with a way to preorder.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker View Post

No, it is merely a "sign" that Amazon.com thinks such a release may be imminent. They have no inside information; they merely go by prior experience and some reasonable guessing, and want to provide their customers with a way to preorder.

Hence the ?who knows??.
  • Reply 6 of 19
    Quote:

Ok not be like whatever but that doesn't make any sense. That's like Best Buy saying "Well, we know Sony has released DVD players in the past, so we're going to advertise the new Sony DVD player that plays Blu-Ray AND HD-DVDs even though Sony never told us to!"

Amazon is only going to make product pages for products they know are going to exist. It costs them money to make and host pages like this. It would be a waste of money for them to just make up pages in wishful anticipation of something.

The more probable explanation is that Apple told Amazon these products are going to exist far enough in advance so that Amazon could start prepping their distribution systems for it, but someone at Amazon didn't get the memo about the NDA stipulating when the products are to be announced.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Apple told them to do it, though I still wouldn't count out all 3 products being bundled together. i.e. Leopard with iLife and iWork included hmmmm.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    iLife and iWork will always be bundled separately. The only combination I could see is Leopard and iLife '07 shipping as one package.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Good finds. What I NEED to know is when is iLife'07 going to be bundled with new Macs purchased? Feb? March?
  • Reply 10 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

Good finds. What I NEED to know is when is iLife'07 going to be bundled with new Macs purchased? Feb? March?

Most likely by March and definitely it will be bundled with new Macs that have Leopard on them (which is probably April if we are lucky)
  • Reply 11 of 19
    It should be mentioned that Amazon has a habbit of selling non-existant products. One of the books that I needed for last semester was available on A, but it had a slew of bad reviews, all complaining that A had taken the customers money, then kept pushing back the availability date for months and months, until they finally refunded the orders.

When you're that big, you can do stupid stuff like that.

So it's possible, and IMO in regards to Leopard, probable, that they are just pulling it out of their butts. They did it with Delorme Street Atlas 2007 too.

And Vista. They had THAT 6 months ago or so... well, ok, more like 3, but you get the point.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcstewart38 View Post

Amazon is only going to make product pages for products they know are going to exist.

That hasn't been true in the past.

They can be fairly sure that, when there has been an iWork '05 and an iWork '06, there will be an iWork '07, and that when both previous ones were introduced at MWSF, so will the upcoming one. The case for iLife is even much clearer.

Quote:

It costs them money to make and host pages like this.

Compared to the amount of preorders they'll receive this way, the money to create such stub pages is negligible.

Quote:

The more probable explanation is that Apple told Amazon these products are going to exist far enough in advance so that Amazon could start prepping their distribution systems for it, but someone at Amazon didn't get the memo about the NDA stipulating when the products are to be announced.

Sorry, but no.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    Quote:

That hasn't been true in the past.

They can be fairly sure that, when there has been an iWork '05 and an iWork '06, there will be an iWork '07, and that when both previous ones were introduced at MWSF, so will the upcoming one. The case for iLife is even much clearer.

Compared to the amount of preorders they'll receive this way, the money to create such stub pages is negligible.

Sorry, but no.

Not to be like whatever again, but you do realize you can't actually preorder iWork, iLife or Leopard.

Just because they have supply issues with some products doesn't mean they had just made those products up. It makes no sense for a store to pay people to sit around and try to anticipate what products other companies are going to release.

You don't think Apple warns its resellers of product changes but limits them with NDAs? You'd think of all people they would warn Amazon, which is probably the biggest Apple reseller...
  • Reply 14 of 19
    Quote:

Not to be like whatever again, but you do realize you can't actually preorder iWork, iLife or Leopard.

"Alert Me

Get an alert when this item becomes available to order"

That's the entire point of those pages.

Quote:

You don't think Apple warns its resellers of product changes but limits them with NDAs? You'd think of all people they would warn Amazon, which is probably the biggest Apple reseller...

There's a few current or former reseller employees around on these boards?*you'll unequivocally hear from all of them that, no, they don't receive any advance notices from Apple whatsoever.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    Quote:

Ok not be like whatever but that doesn't make any sense. That's like Best Buy saying "Well, we know Sony has released DVD players in the past, so we're going to advertise the new Sony DVD player that plays Blu-Ray AND HD-DVDs even though Sony never told us to!"

Amazon is only going to make product pages for products they know are going to exist. It costs them money to make and host pages like this. It would be a waste of money for them to just make up pages in wishful anticipation of something.

what? are you saying Amazon NEVER pulled ANYTHING because it didnt exist?

plus its hardly NDA country to say iXXXX 07 will be on Apples roadmap
  • Reply 16 of 19
    Didn't you know? The misty jungles of the Amazon are where Vaporware comes from! Accept no substitutions, only 100% pure Amazonian Vapor will do!
  • Reply 17 of 19
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jvb View Post

Most likely by March and definitely it will be bundled with new Macs that have Leopard on them (which is probably April if we are lucky)

I'll maybe get a new MacBook 15" in April 2007 ...???
  • Reply 18 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheMadHermit View Post

It should be mentioned that Amazon has a habbit of selling non-existant products. One of the books that I needed for last semester was available on A, but it had a slew of bad reviews, all complaining that A had taken the customers money, then kept pushing back the availability date for months and months, until they finally refunded the orders.

This is so not true. Amazon doesn't charge any money before the item it's on its way. I guess you didn't shop on Amazon very often. They do push the date sometimes, but they never charge you before the item has been shipped.
  • Reply 19 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dannychang View Post

This is so not true. Amazon doesn't charge any money before the item it's on its way. I guess you didn't shop on Amazon very often. They do push the date sometimes, but they never charge you before the item has been shipped.

I should clarify, the book in question HAD been released by the publisher, and was on back order, if I'm not mistaken. Money was tooked, and untooked, if the reports in the reviews section are to be trusted.

Irrelevant though. The point is that they list items that they don't actually have in stock and which they don't necessarily have comming to them.

TMH