Red hot job growth: Most sectors! 167,000 Jobs made last month!

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,241824,00.html

Wow - nice job. Wage growth over the last 12 months up 4.2%. This economy is red hot.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bacillus View Post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,241824,00.html

Wow - nice job. Wage growth over the last 12 months up 4.2%. This economy is red hot.

Is that you, Scott?
  • Reply 2 of 14
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    The economy is going to be declared too hot and then the fed will start raising rates again.

Nick
  • Reply 3 of 14
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

The economy is going to be declared too hot and then the fed will start raising rates again.

Nick

John Crudele in the NY Post was speculating this the other day. We are getting our monetary ass handed to us by the Euro.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    It is scott... I swear...

And 167000 is great if it weren't for the fact that most months last year not enough jobs were created to keep up with population growth...
  • Reply 5 of 14
    It's not scott. This guy can use the shift key. And scott wouldn't have posted that 'how many times did you touch the sky?' shißer.

This guy may or may not be a species of [ad hom], but he's actually more honest than scott, I think.

Still an absolute [ad hom], though.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    More McJobs. Yippee!
  • Reply 7 of 14
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Red hot economy? All the small business owners we've been talking to have cited unusually slow business this whole fall, atleast here anyway.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    @_@ artman@_@ artman Posts: 5,231member
    It's Fox News so it must be true.

Where did Scott go? Iraq?
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

It's Fox News so it must be true.

Where did Scott go? Iraq?

We locked him up.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trick fall View Post

John Crudele in the NY Post was speculating this the other day. We are getting our monetary ass handed to us by the Euro.

There are advantages and disadvantages to a strong Euro and or weak Dollar. Its not a negative thing for many sectors in our economy. For example, since the dollar is weaker, then heavy machinery, made in the US is cheaper then equivalent machinery made in a European country that uses the Euro. We sell more = more jobs.

This is not to say there are not disadvantages to a weak dollar – but it should not been seen as an entirely bad thing. AFAIK, the BOJ tries to keep the Yen : Dollar at 100:1 or more, , for the similiar reasons, to make their exports cheaper in the US - but I don't want to talk outside my field, so if I'm wrong on this point, then I'm wrong.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    You are not wrong, but we also don't want the dollar to be too weak. Personally I'd like it to get a little stronger.
  • Reply 12 of 14
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bacillus View Post

There are advantages and disadvantages to a strong Euro and or weak Dollar. Its not a negative thing for many sectors in our economy. For example, since the dollar is weaker, then heavy machinery, made in the US is cheaper then equivalent machinery made in a European country that uses the Euro. We sell more = more jobs.

This is not to say there are not disadvantages to a weak dollar – but it should not been seen as an entirely bad thing. AFAIK, the BOJ tries to keep the Yen : Dollar at 100:1 or more, , for the similiar reasons, to make their exports cheaper in the US - but I don't want to talk outside my field, so if I'm wrong on this point, then I'm wrong.

The last point isn't actually true. If a country locks its currency with another country, they are in essence the same currency and there is no advantage to one becoming stronger/weaker...
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Search the Political Outsider forum for posts/threads by username 'Scott'.