Parallels/MacDrive Problem

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just switched from PC to Mac. There are a couple of key PC applications that are not available on the Mac. Therefore, after reading many Apple oriented forums I decided to go with the Parallels program. In addition, as I wanted to be able to access data on the Mac HD from within The PC Virtual Machine, I installed MacDrive, believing that it would provide the intersystem data access I needed. It doesn't. Unfortunately, I didn't read everything I should have. In the MacDrive knowledge base I learned that the product will not work with a PC Virtual machine in a Mac OS. Has anyone out there been successful in accomplishing what I haven't?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sherm123 View Post

I just switched from PC to Mac. There are a couple of key PC applications that are not available on the Mac. Therefore, after reading many Apple oriented forums I decided to go with the Parallels program. In addition, as I wanted to be able to access data on the Mac HD from within The PC Virtual Machine, I installed MacDrive, believing that it would provide the intersystem data access I needed. It doesn't. Unfortunately, I didn't read everything I should have. In the MacDrive knowledge base I learned that the product will not work with a PC Virtual machine in a Mac OS. Has anyone out there been successful in accomplishing what I haven't?

Why can't you just share a folder?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    Install the Parallels tools - it's an option in one of the menus. This will install shared folders. Then just pick a Mac folder to share.