Dreamweaver 8 table flaw? help me...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I normally use Adobe Golive CS2 for web development and design. Now I must use Dreamweaver 8.

The only problem is that it seems Golive handles tables much better. With Golive I can set a table cell to be 1 pixel in width and height. With Dreamweaver I cannot do that. Even setting a cell at 1 px, it never gets smaller than 15px in height and 5px in width -- even with cell padding, spacing and border set to 0.

If anyone knows of a workaround, that would be greatly appreciated. unless this is simply a software limitation.

I like to use colored table cells to draw seperator lines instead of images for obvious reasons. With Golive, it was a cinch. with DW8 it is impossible.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    You tried using CSS? Add a border to the correct edge of whatever it is you want to separate. Saves the whole tables-for-visual-effect situation, which isn't good semantic HTML anyhow.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I just want to creat a simple line and not a box border.

I do use CSS for fonts, links, rollovers and box styles, but this really should work in html tables.

Golive does it. Can Dreamweaver simply not match up in this regard? Is it a limitation?

Even the older versions of DW cannot handle tables to the exact measurements it seems.

Does anyone know how to make a table cell measuer 1px?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    p.s.

the web layouts I use now are XHTML 1.0 transisitonal because they are using some old school (but lookin' cool) table layout along with CSS and will be redesinged to strict XHTML once it is more mainstream in web browser support.