Illuminating Leopard

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014

Over on the homepage mockups thread, I chose Leopard as the main feature on my post-keynote design of Apple.com, purely because it's the upcoming Apple product that interests me the most. Certainly there are a lot of potential hints to Illuminous, the rumoured new UI - not least in the teaser image still being deciphered on this forum. But despite this, there only seems to be one thread on AI that specifically focusses on such changes in the next version of OS X, and we most certainly need one in the Temporary Insanity forum. The UI-specific discussion seemed to phase out after a while on the other Leopard thread, so let's revive it here! Will Apple literally shed light on Leopard tomorrow?

Update: Ars Technica have become the first to cite both Illuminous and the concept of an updated Leopard UI in the pre-Macworld coverage, featuring both on their keynote bingo card.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Goony goo goo.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Banjo View Post

Update: Ars Technica have become the first to cite both Illuminous and the concept of an updated Leopard UI in the pre-Macworld coverage, featuring both on their keynote bingo card.

Seriously, if someone does win BINGO at the Keynote, I would love for them to stand up and yell it at the top of their lungs. That would be absolutly priceless.

BTW, is anyone else going to be playing that day??
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kim kap sol View Post

Goony goo goo.

you aint got no ice cream
  • Reply 4 of 9
    :-d:-d Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kim kap sol View Post

Goony goo goo.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trendannoyer View Post

you aint got no ice cream

Explanation, please?!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by :-D View Post

Explanation, please?!

Vintage Eddie Murphy standup routines - back when he was funny.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    banjobanjo Posts: 24member
    This thread has been read over 600 times already and yet 3 of the 5 posts are about Eddie Murphy standup routines! C'mon, folks!
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Over on the homepage mockups thread, I chose Leopard as the main feature on my post-keynote design of Apple.com, purely because it's the upcoming Apple product that interests me the most. Certainly there are a lot of potential hints to Illuminous, the rumoured new UI - not least in the teaser image still being deciphered on this forum. But despite this, there only seems to be one thread on AI that specifically focusses on such changes in the next version of OS X, and we most certainly need one in the Temporary Insanity forum. The UI-specific discussion seemed to phase out after a while on the other Leopard thread, so let's revive it here! Will Apple literally shed light on Leopard tomorrow?

I think Leopard is the one product I'm most interested in. 'X' drives everything Apple does. It's at the heart of everything. Most likely their mobile strategies also. I sincerely hope their is a new gui to counter the lip stick of paint Xp got over in Vista... I think the Leopard promo pages at Apple's website give clues...

That and an 8-core Mac and I'm sure I'd be quite happy.

(with updated displays of course...)

The phone stuff is still exciting to a degree or an iPod widescreen...if only because it will help drive Apple's Mac stuff ever higher.

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 8 of 9
    durandaldurandal Posts: 277member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lemon Bon Bon. View Post

I think Leopard is the one product I'm most interested in. 'X' drives everything Apple does. It's at the heart of everything. Most likely their mobile strategies also. I sincerely hope their is a new gui to counter the lip stick of paint Xp got over in Vista... I think the Leopard promo pages at Apple's website give clues...

That and an 8-core Mac and I'm sure I'd be quite happy.

(with updated displays of course...)

The phone stuff is still exciting to a degree or an iPod widescreen...if only because it will help drive Apple's Mac stuff ever higher.

Lemon Bon Bon

Hmm.. but would Apple/Steve present something like an 8-core-Mac at MWSF? Over the recent years there's been sortof a tendency to make 'Pro' announcements (and the 8-core would definitely go into the Mac Pro first) at the WWDC, hasn't it?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Some pics of the newer Apple interfaces with "black glass" just to get everyone in the mood:

It seems to me that all this is just an updated and spiffed up version of the NeXTSTEP interface..