I'm a runner-Should I get a Ipod video or Ipod Nano?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I do a lot of running, 5 times a week, about 3 miles a week. I've been using a iRiver 20GB based mp3 player for the last 2 years and have never had a problem with it.

Now that I've switched to Mac I've decided to switch to Ipod. I like the small size of the shuffle but don't like the lack of a screen. I've looked heavily at the nano but want the video and as well 8 gigs just doesn't seem like enough to me. I'm mostly interested in the 30 gig Ipod video model.

From talk over the last couple years I've heard how runners should stay away from hard drive based models only going with flash. If I need to make this choice I would choose the 8gb nano but then would want to get a ipod video for around the home use and honestly don't have the money to purchase 2 models. How safe is a ipod video for running/jogging?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    markw10markw10 Posts: 356member
    I left this off but I will get the FM Remote with whichever model I go with. As well, I know the nano is more compact but the size won't really bother me. The iriver I have now I do well with and that is larger than a ipod Video.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 923member
    If you plan to use it while running, don't forget the Nike+ attachment. It is a very nice way to track your performance. Also, how many GBs do you need? Even a 2GB nano is enough to store several hours of music on. Yes, you won't be able to take you whole music catalog with you, but it would be more than enough for workouts for a week.

My officemate has gone through a couple of HD based iPods (I don' think he uses them for running), so I'm wary of them.

- Jasen.