Microsoft Word won't open - please help me!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi I have an Intel iMac Core Duo processor (bought last year) and I began having problems with MS Word on it. Word won't open -- it just flashes briefly and does nothing. I scrubbed the hard drive and started all over -- loaded MS Word again. It worked for a day and now is doing the same thing. I really need help! Is this a hardware problem?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I don't use MS word, so i wouldn't now. However, I suggest you try ABiWord.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nina_p View Post

Hi I have an Intel iMac Core Duo processor (bought last year) and I began having problems with MS Word on it. Word won't open -- it just flashes briefly and does nothing. I scrubbed the hard drive and started all over -- loaded MS Word again. It worked for a day and now is doing the same thing. I really need help! Is this a hardware problem?

Thanks!!!

Did you install all the latest updates? See http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx for all the updates.

If that still doesn't help, delete the preference file(s) for Word (I'll have to see where they're located an tell you soon). Also delete the Normal.dot file from (path to come).
  • Reply 3 of 3
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Search for the file com.microsoft.Word.plist in the preferences folder of your user library and try removing it.