Gps??

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
They say it's "location aware" but have no mention of GPS. One of the big considerations in buying a phone right now is that I want one with built in navigation so I can get driving directions. If they combined GPS with the Google maps and could do fly throughs using the satellite photos to give you turn by turn directions, they would have the most advanced navigation system on the market.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    im pretty sure the phone has GPS triangulation and will most likely be able to produce driving directions, but im going to say that there will probably be a price for it on itunes
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolkid99 View Post

They say it's "location aware" but have no mention of GPS. One of the big considerations in buying a phone right now is that I want one with built in navigation so I can get driving directions. If they combined GPS with the Google maps and could do fly throughs using the satellite photos to give you turn by turn directions, they would have the most advanced navigation system on the market.

Read the GPS discussion in the main iPhone thread, it's a long (some say boring) discussion on GPS and cell phones. BTW, did the SteveNote actually say "location aware?" I think that the consensus is that the SteveNode didn't explicitly say "GPS."