income tax software

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi everyone.. I'm waiting to purchase a Imac once Leopard is out of its cage. I'm a total apple newbie and have been trying to learn a bit from you wise long timers. Is there a apple software program to do and netfile our income taxes? I'm in Canada. Also does the standard installed system come with a decent word processing program. I don't really need all of the office goodies but I do need spellcheck. Thanks for your tips..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Check for a Mac version of your current Windows title.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I filed with H&R block over the web for free last year and this year they sent me a CD with their Taxcut software for Windows and Mac. I've bared looked at it but it is Intel and PowerPC native. I don't know if their Canadian software is available for Mac or not but you might want to check. Alternatively you could use some ofthe web-based filing software.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I checked with HR and will file through them. Thanks for the tip..
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Well, you can do them yourself with Tubo Tax. It's the Dummies guide to taxes basically. It just asks you a bunch of questions and it does everything for you. It even goes to the extent of "On page _ section _, what does it say?" lol and then you can file it, put in your bank account info, and it will wire your money straight to your account, nothing gets taken out of it. Takes me about a half hour to do. It's the best 20 bucks I've spent in a long time.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Turbo Tax doesn't exist in Canada.

The Intuit.ca product in Canada is called "QuickTax" and does not have a Mac version.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I am having the same angst. I found cutetax.ca which is supposed to be compatible, and u get a free trial. There is also FileTaxOnline.ca of whom wrote me back with a prompt "yes" as to compatability.