Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have the following:

LG 37" LCD

20" Imac

Directv HD Receiver via component cable

PS3 via HDMI

XBOX360 via component cable

I bought the EyeTV Hybrid today, wanting to record the season premiere of 24 . I dont have a Tivo cause its $800 for the HD recorder, and from my understanding, EyeTV is pretty much the same, and there is no monthly cost.

Anyways...the Hybrid has a coax cable on one end and usb on the other. The thing is, I cant seem to connect the Hybrid via coax cause the HD receiver wont receive the signal when Im splitting it with the Hybrid. So I connected via S-video. That works fine, the problem is, I cant get audio into my Imac because the audio out on the HD receiver is being used with the component cable connected to my TV. Does anyone have any suggestions? The Hybrid comes with a couple of different connectors, but the only time the sound was playing on the Imac is when I removed the audio component cables, and connected the RCA cables that were coming from my Imac. I dont really want to have to remove the rca from my Imac and switch them with the component ones from my tv everytime I want to record something. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I figured out a way to get the audio to split to the tv and the Imac, but I cant seem to get the EyeTV hybrid to work sometimes. I sometimes have to reconfigure it, remove and plug back in the USBs, etc. Anyone else have issues like this?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    DirecTV offers a HD-DVR for $300 to existing customers.