new macbook/pro at NAB?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
our back to school offer in australia has just started, where if you buy a mac and an ipod you get $199 rebate. Now this offer ends on april 16th while NAB is on from 14-19th of april. coincidence? or does anyone really thing they will update either products then- macbook/pro or ipod. If i remember correct the back to school in the US ended just before macbook or macbook pro last update, or was that the ipod update..not sure.

any thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Doesn't Intel have a new chip set that is due out in the spring? If that works with the Macbook Pro then I would guess the release date of the chip will be when the new ones are out.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Yeah NAB makes sense for a new mbp and new fcp suite.

Wait in Australia school starts in april? Wow, I thought summer vaction was loosly the same in every developed country. This is news to me.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Santa Rosa, due the first half of the year. Bumps the front side bus to 800Mhz, doubles the L2 cache, uses less power.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    yeah its summer here now. uni's are all finished for ages not sure till when as my uni isn't on a break. but i finish for good in 2 weeks so thats when my student discount will run out!
  • Reply 5 of 11
    yea know about santa rosa but thats prob gonna be a wwdc in june, not sure if i should wait for it. benefits vs student discount now......
  • Reply 6 of 11
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jp_flashman View Post

yea know about santa rosa but thats prob gonna be a wwdc in june, not sure if i should wait for it. benefits vs student discount now......

Thought I saw that Intel is saying March now for Santa Rosa?

So maybe an NAB MBP mobile editing pitch.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post

Wait in Australia school starts in april? Wow, I thought summer vaction was loosly the same in every developed country. This is news to me.

You'd be amazed--they've even got a whole other hemisphere out there. It's hella sick, with seasons all whack inverted.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post

Here in Queensland (Australia) school begins at the end of January and Uni begins at the end of February.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    hmm i think i should just go with studetn discount, the first santa rosa macbooks/pro will prob be full of bugs anyway! lol

heat probs from faster bus

screen probs if they use oled or whatever

for the macbooks the gma x3000 will not be compatible for older games till patch or work around

etc etc, damn i'm a party pooper
  • Reply 10 of 11
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DoctorRobert View Post

You'd be amazed--they've even got a whole other hemisphere out there. It's hella sick, with seasons all whack inverted.

Yeah I know all that, I just thought that meant that in the AUS kids had summer vaction during their winter season or how ever it works, you know so the modern all have relatively the same break.

I'm considering doing an exchange in austrailia in a year or two, I didn't know that if I did my breaks wouldn't be the same as everyone else's. Lesson learned.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    I think Apple needs to come out with a bitchin' 20" MacBook Pro, with built-in RAID capabilities (that means space for two more HDDs and hardware RAID controller onboard, but NOT automatically equipped with said RAID HDDs, those who want it will BTO it...), especially aimed at A/V types. Maybe with a bit of multi-touch interface action where the trackpad usually sits (and, naturally, extending the full width of the chassis) for software-configurable interface options. Maybe when in Soundtrack Pro or Logic (or even GarageBand) there are virtual faders and rotary knobs... Go over to FCP, and there is a finger-fun edit section, with the interface having us drag clips onto the virtual razor block and trimming frames...

And give us some nVidea QuadroFXGo goodness, for mobile pro OpenGL workstation graphics goodness, please...!!!

Etc. & etc. ...

;^p