Is it worth buying an ipod in the interim...?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hey all,

I live in Australia, and with the news of the iPhone arriving in 2008, i am looking at buying an ipod in the interim.

I pose a question, Will apple update the ipod soon, or will they wait until the iphone is shipping? I expected some form of update at Macworld.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Regards,

Geob

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cato988cato988 Posts: 307member
    who knows... but id wait

its about time for a new iPod and with the obvious advance in technology for the iPhone, id be very interesting to see what the new iPod will look like.

Another reason i think that the iPone wont hold the release of a Video iPod because the price of the iPhone, the gb size, etc. wont cause for much cannablism

wait... 2-3-4 months down the road youll regret it if a new one comes out and your stuck with your 5.5G
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Anyone care to speculate about an update to the Nano? My girlfriend as a blue mini that is starting to reach the end of it's life (battery is crapping out, dings and dents, and totally maxing out the 4 Gig drive). I'm tempted to surprise her with a new blue nano, but since the capacity would be the same, I'm hesitant. Anyone think we can expect to see the 8 Gig drive end up in a blue nano anytime soon?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Corkurk View Post

Anyone care to speculate about an update to the Nano? My girlfriend as a blue mini that is starting to reach the end of it's life (battery is crapping out, dings and dents, and totally maxing out the 4 Gig drive). I'm tempted to surprise her with a new blue nano, but since the capacity would be the same, I'm hesitant. Anyone think we can expect to see the 8 Gig drive end up in a blue nano anytime soon?

Yeah, actually, Apple just announced that they're going to start releasing dramatic iPod revisions to all their lines every 8 weeks. You can get one next week when the next revision comes out, but you'll be kicking yourself in March. And just try not to think about May. Or July.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

Yeah, actually, Apple just announced that they're going to start releasing dramatic iPod revisions to all their lines every 8 weeks. You can get one next week when the next revision comes out, but you'll be kicking yourself in March. And just try not to think about May. Or July.

No need to be snippy!

Not talking about a dramatic revision. Maybe just a bump in storage or at least an option to get the 8 gig in a color other than black. The new nano was intro'd in early Sept. and Apple has been known to update things after the Christmas buying season (the mini and first gen. shuffle spring to mind).

Of course now we know that they sold 21 million of the things last quarter (holy hell...) so it's not like they have a problem moving the product. Still, that blue 8 gig would be nice!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Sorry, I guess it came out because all the people who kept talking about Apple updating iPods IN THE MIDDLE OF DECEMBER!

A blue 8 GB would be nice.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Corkurk View Post

Get her an 8gb red, she'll be even more unique. Engrave it with something nice and then go and wait upstairs for your thank you.