MacOSX and Databases

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I had an assignment in Uni earlier where I had to use a MS Access database in connection with Java. At the time I didn't find any Java ODBC bridge for Mac, but the other day, I ran into the following app in side Applications/Utilities:

ODBC Administrator

And it looks like the windows ODBC manager. However, I didnt have any drivers to use it with. Does anyone know if I can use this tool to set up MS Access connectivity for Java in OS X.2 ?

I am curious if anyone have done this beforem and where I might get these drivers from.

.:BoeManE:.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    OBDC is a selling point of Jaguar. How to get it working, either with your code or with your database is a good question.

Aside from OBDC, I've successfully used Postgresql and MySQL under OS X using the CLI and PHP scripts to access the DB. However, these did not use OBDC for connectivity, just direct TCP/IP or unix socket connections using the DB-specific drivers.

However, getting OBDC to work would be good fun.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    boemaneboemane Posts: 311member
    [quote]Originally posted by Xool:

<strong>OBDC is a selling point of Jaguar. How to get it working, either with your code or with your database is a good question.

Aside from OBDC, I've successfully used Postgresql and MySQL under OS X using the CLI and PHP scripts to access the DB. However, these did not use OBDC for connectivity, just direct TCP/IP or unix socket connections using the DB-specific drivers.

However, getting OBDC to work would be good fun.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, I have successfully been able to use MySQL and PostegreSQL, using Mark Liyange's software installers. But I havent been able to use Access databases. The wierd thing is that there is no drivers installed in the ODBC Administration app.

.:BoeManE:.