External Monitor for my Macbook

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am so happy with my macbook; it is amazing. However, when i am at home, i would like to turn it into a desktop setup (mighty mouse, keyboard, and monitor).

i was looking at ACDs, but they are a little expensive, even refurbished. i was also thinking about the getting the older apple displays, like the white ones that sits like a picture frame. i really like how that one looks, and the price should be pretty low because of its age. my only problem is that im not sure where i can get one and if i can trust ebay. and last but not least, i was looking at this one from dell.

all advice is much appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    I recently tried to run a 24-inch display with my MacBook but gave up because of performance issues. If you're not a power user like me, a 20-incher may be OK. It will definitely run it, but after a day or so our system may bog down. Rebooting once a day should solve that problem, though.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    well, i've waited all this time, and still haven't gotten a monitor for my macbook. i've just been too afraid that i'll be wasting my money because the macbook will slow down too much when i use it. has anyone actually used the dell display linked above (or a similar display) with their macbook?