applications don't start

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
i have a problem with my os x,

i don't know what's going on with it. most of the applications don't start including system Preferences or time. i'm new at using apple so i don't know if i missed something.

this is what i did so far.

i tried starting system Preferences from the doc which didn't do anything the icon bounces twice and stops. nothing else happens. i tried to launch it from the folder by double clicking on it but that same thing happens. date and time don't open either. i also tried i chat; which gives me an error message saying ichat couldn't open. i did all the updates except for the airport(which i don't have). i don't know if there is a solution other than a clean reinstall.

any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    sidsid Posts: 12member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fadyam3 View Post

i have a problem with my os x,

i don't know what's going on with it. most of the applications don't start including system Preferences or time. i'm new at using apple so i don't know if i missed something.

this is what i did so far.

i tried starting system Preferences from the doc which didn't do anything the icon bounces twice and stops. nothing else happens. i tried to launch it from the folder by double clicking on it but that same thing happens. date and time don't open either. i also tried i chat; which gives me an error message saying ichat couldn't open. i did all the updates except for the airport(which i don't have). i don't know if there is a solution other than a clean reinstall.

any help will be appreciated.

Boot the machine up in safe mode (hold down shift at startup). After booting into safe mode, verify and repair disk permissions. After that is done, restart the computer normally and see what happens.