iSight not available or in use. Help.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

MacBook, Tiger 10.4.8. When I run Photo Booth, I get an error window saying that there is either no camera attached or that the camera is in use by another application.

Any ideas why? I don't have any other application running that uses the iSight.

Cheers

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Not a whole bunch you can do here. If you're using classic or something else that might be using it, which is unlikely, restart computer. Most likely it isnt even detected in system profiler under USB. You can reset PRAM, PMU, open firmware, try in a new user. None of it will work, then you will have to set up your computer for service.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Yup, tried all those, nothing worked, took it to my local Apple reseller, they have ordered a new camera and connecting cable to see if that solves the problem, otherwise guess they would need to order a new logic board.

Cheers
  • Reply 3 of 4
    apple should really do something about these cases. they are all over the discussion boards. glad you found a resolution though, have a good one!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Well, there ARE a few articles on the Apple website about this, but I tried those solutions and they did not work either. So it looks like Apple are indeed aware of this. What more they are doing about this other than posting a few possible solutions that may or may not work in all instances, I do not know.

Cheers