CoreAnimation + Yearbook

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hello,

Suppose hypothetically, I had photos, and hypotheticaly, I wanted to use CoreAnimation to arrange these photos for yearbook cover and section images. Hypothetically, how would I, or more hypothtically, someone who has a developer edition of Leopard, hypothetically give me screen shots of these photos in CoreAnimation. Maybe not so hypothetical.

Thanks!

P.S. - PM works as well.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    elronelron Posts: 126member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

Suppose I had photos and I wanted to use CoreAnimation to arrange these photos for yearbook cover and section images. How would I give me screen shots of these photos in Core Animation?

I stripped all occurrences of the word "hypothetically" from your post and I'm still not quite sure what you're asking for. You want screen shots of images you already have? In CoreAnimation? What does this mean?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elron View Post

I stripped all occurrences of the word "hypothetically" from your post and I'm still not quite sure what you're asking for. You want screen shots of images you already have? In CoreAnimation? What does this mean?

To be more clear... the hypothetically was because I'm not sure how touchy the moderators would be about this. It shouldn't be a problem though because the said core animation features are already announced.

1) I don't have Leopard.

2) I'm on yearbook for high school

3) I was thinking of creating the cover and section dividers using these yearbook photos and screen shots from what core animation does to these photos (i.e. http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/coreanimation.html)

4) How do I go about doing this / can someone with leopard possibly do this for me if I give them the photos??
  • Reply 3 of 7
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    You're not going to get that unless someone codes it for you. It isn't just a Finder feature.

You might want to install the Tiger developer tools and look at Core Image Fun House.

Or look on VersionTracker for image manipulation utilities.

Even if somebody here had Leopard, it is against NDA to discuss how portions of it work, beyond what Apple has demoed.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

To be more clear... the hypothetically was because I'm not sure how touchy the moderators would be about this. It shouldn't be a problem though because the said core animation features are already announced.

1) I don't have Leopard.

2) I'm on yearbook for high school

3) I was thinking of creating the cover and section dividers using these yearbook photos and screen shots from what core animation does to these photos (i.e. http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/coreanimation.html)

4) How do I go about doing this / can someone with leopard possibly do this for me if I give them the photos??

You don't need Core Animation; Tiger already has some great features. What you're looking for you can do with Quartz Composer (found in the developer tools). It's packed with all kinds of graphical goodness. To download the latest version of the Dev tools, just become a "freebie" ADC member. If you want screenies of possible setups email me at [email protected].
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John French View Post

You don't need Core Animation; Tiger already has some great features. What you're looking for you can do with Quartz Composer (found in the developer tools). It's packed with all kinds of graphical goodness. To download the latest version of the Dev tools, just become a "freebie" ADC member. If you want screenies of possible setups email me at [email protected].

I emailed you for screenshots. Also, I couldn't find quartz composer in ADC. At any rate, I'm not a developer to quartz composer could be outside my range of expertise.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

I emailed you for screenshots. Also, I couldn't find quartz composer in ADC. At any rate, I'm not a developer to quartz composer could be outside my range of expertise.

Update: I got it from my Tiger install disk.

What now?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Update: I got it from my Tiger install disk.

What now?

Gquartz composer itself takes a little bit of time to learn, but it's fairly simple to use. try reading up on Apple's documentation & tutorials.