What is the name of that cartoon from the late 80's with huge vines growing in space?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I think it was called 'Ulysses' or something? I'm try find an episode or two on the new, but I can't remember the name. If I remember correctly in the intro song the word Ulysses was said over an over again in a kind of a wave sound. If you think you know what I'm talking 'bout please help? Cheers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I think it was called 'Ulysses' or something? I'm try find an episode or two on the new, but I can't remember the name. If I remember correctly in the intro song the word Ulysses was said over an over again in a kind of a wave sound. If you think you know what I'm talking 'bout please help? Cheers.

Hmmm.... never heard of such a cartoon. Was it only seen in Ireland, or Europe? Sounds kinda cool.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Hmmm.... never heard of such a cartoon. Was it only seen in Ireland, or Europe? Sounds kinda cool.

No I don't think it was, not sure, but woot!! I just found it on YouTube it's called 'Ulysses 31' for some reason, I don't remember that 31 part, but what the hey. This is one of the greatest cartoons ever made, with one of the best theme tunes IMO.. no joke it was an absolute classic; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yes9FHWsg4w
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I think I have confused this show with another show. This is a cool show, but I don't see any vines growing through space. There was this orb spaceship on that other show kind of like the deathstar in Starwars, at the end of each episode it disappeared and appeared at another point in space. Still looking fot the name of that other show.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I found it, it's Jayce and the Wheel Worriers, woot!!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

No I don't think it was, not sure, but woot!! I just found it on YouTube it's called 'Ulysses 31' for some reason, I don't remember that 31 part, but what the hey. This is one of the greatest cartoons ever made, with one of the best theme tunes IMO.. no joke it was an absolute classic; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yes9FHWsg4w

was one of my favourites, completely forgotten about it. Great music. Now I even know the mythos it was based on, brilliant!

BTW, that female voice for the computer is hot!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    For those who are interested, the complete box-set of Ulysees 31 is available on DVD from play.

Disappointingly, "The Mysterious Cities of Gold" is still not available in English