AirPort Extreme Update 2007-001 update

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just installed the "AirPort Extreme Update 2007-001" this morning with a high expectation that this was the enabler that Apple would have been shipping with the Airport Extreme base station. After the install the only thing I noticed (MBP C2D 2.33 15") was Airport Card firmware from 1.0.27p3 to 1.0.46. Anyone have further info?

I was hoping to have 802.11n enabled so that I can run out to purchase Netgear-854 router. Gotta wait!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    The 802.11n enabler will only come with the new AE Base Station or download after a $1.99 USD fee. Get your Netgear router if you want, just keep $1.99 on hand for when the enabler is available.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    I wonder if the update fixes my WPA problems.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    kwondokwondo Posts: 217member
    I'm side tracking but wondering if this is possible...When I do get my 802.11n GB ethernet router, I want to keep that router at "n" setting w/ WPA2 for maximum wireless data transfer bewteen desktop mac and the MBP (both 1000T). I have an old G3 Pismo that's still trucking along on Tiger OS. The problem is that it's airport card only support 802.11 a and b and WEP.

Would you think it would work if I connect 802.11n router to my DSL, have the older Netgear 802.11a,b,g router plugged to LAN ethernet port from the first router and have this one set to WEP/802.11b,g for the Pismo?

Anyone have tried this combination? If anyone is asking me why not set the 802.11n router to multiple settings, it's because the router would then operate no faster than my current Netgear 802.11g speed...\
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kwondo View Post

I'm side tracking but wondering if this is possible...When I do get my 802.11n GB ethernet router, I want to keep that router at "n" setting w/ WPA2 for maximum wireless data transfer bewteen desktop mac and the MBP (both 1000T). I have an old G3 Pismo that's still trucking along on Tiger OS. The problem is that it's airport card only support 802.11 a and b and WEP.

Would you think it would work if I connect 802.11n router to my DSL, have the older Netgear 802.11a,b,g router plugged to LAN ethernet port from the first router and have this one set to WEP/802.11b,g for the Pismo?

Anyone have tried this combination? If anyone is asking me why not set the 802.11n router to multiple settings, it's because the router would then operate no faster than my current Netgear 802.11g speed...\

You should probably change router order, if you want to utilize WPA security. Security should always get stricter in inner levels.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    My brother runs a two-access-point wireless network at his house. It works well.