Right-Click Problems

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm on my second wireless bluetooth mouse. I keep having right-click problems. For example, in iTunes, I try to right-click to get the info and have to do it 4 or more times until the popup opens up. The same is true when trying to r/c to create a new folder. This is on my iMac (C2D).

On my MacBook, I use a Microsoft (don't say it) usb mouse which works perfectly.

I really don't wanna get rid of my bluetooth mouse because I love the scroll ball.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Do you have an Apple MightyMouse? Both the wired and the wireless versions require that you lift up your left finger when you click the right side of the mouse. Otherwise the mouse (more specifically the sensor) thinks you wanted to do a regular left click.

Remember, there is only one physical switch inside the mouse. And then there is a touch sensor on the left and right side of the scroll ball. Only if the left finger is not touching the left portion of the sensor AND the right finger IS on the sensor, the click will be recognized as a right click.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gwoodpecker View Post

Do you have an Apple MightyMouse? Both the wired and the wireless versions require that you lift up your left finger when you click the right side of the mouse. Otherwise the mouse (more specifically the sensor) thinks you wanted to do a regular left click.

Remember, there is only one physical switch inside the mouse. And then there is a touch sensor on the left and right side of the scroll ball. Only if the left finger is not touching the left portion of the sensor AND the right finger IS on the sensor, the click will be recognized as a right click.

Yes, it's a MightyMouse.

Your solution did the trick. I didn't know about the sensor stuff.

Thanks!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Is there a sensor on the new macbook pros or are they still going with the two-fingers-on-the-trackpad click? Won't matter too much since I use an external mouse with my laptop, just curious, since mine won't ship until Mar. 27th! Thanks.