please help

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
hi i have a 2.0 ghz macbook and i have games on the windows side of my partition... but when im running bootcamp i cant right click... is there a patch or setting i can change to enable right clicking? i dont have a usb mouse because im a broke, bored university student. Again i can only left click and not right click. Please help me and thank you in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    You should be able to hold down the ctrl and click should work as like a right click
  • Reply 2 of 10
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by STREAKERS_unite View Post

is there a patch or setting i can change to enable right clicking?

I thought the updated Bootcamp drivers enabled right-click. Try downloading and installing the Bootcamp program and use it to burn a new drivers CD and install it.

Quote:

i dont have a usb mouse because im a broke, bored university student.

You expect us to believe you can't afford £10 when you can afford a whole Macbook.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    If you've got the latest bootcamp drivers installed, you can right-click by placing two fingers on the trackpad, and then clicking the trackpad button.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    if i install the new bootcamp will my partition still be there and will everything else still be on there??

and i got the macbook as a gift from my parents because i got a full football athletic scholarship to a ncaa division 1 school but they dont and i dont have money to blow

also can anyone send me a link to the update i looked on the apple site and dont know which one is the most up to date one

sorry if this is annoying but i really do appreciate the help and any feedback
  • Reply 5 of 10
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

if i install the new bootcamp will my partition still be there and will everything else still be on there??

Yes. Just make sure that the only thing you do is burn a new drivers CD.

Quote:

also can anyone send me a link to the update

I'm pretty confident that if you go to Apple's main BootCamp page and click on the "download now" button near the top, you'll get the latest version.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Bootcamp is just a program like any other so your partition will be fine. You don't even need to install it really. The disk image is inside the resources folder so you could just extract it manually and burn it but like I say, it is just a program so installing it is fine.

Quote:

and i got the macbook as a gift from my parents because i got a full football athletic scholarship to a ncaa division 1 school but they dont and i dont have money to blow

Yeah but c'mon we're talking about how much you'd spend on food in an average day.

Here's the one I have:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...s.aspx?pid=064

Quote:

also can anyone send me a link to the update i looked on the apple site and dont know which one is the most up to date one

http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

It's 1.1.2 beta. It says below it:

"Trackpad scrolling and right-click support on Apple Laptops"
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Thank you for clearing that up... i didnt even know the apple site had a section just for boot camp... i always went to support and couldnt find it buy anyway thank you all!

Oh and i think i will end up buying a cheap usb mouse... my scholarship includes food (3 meals a day... its ridiculous how much money they give athletes and not scholars) but i got money from my parents so its all good... thanks again everyone
  • Reply 8 of 10
    aaarrrggg i installed the new drivers and everything but it still wont right click... is there a setting i need to change?
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

aaarrrggg i installed the new drivers and everything but it still wont right click... is there a setting i need to change?

I don't think so, it should just work. In the mean time, you can use this utility to allow you to use control-click as right-click:

http://www.geocities.com/pronto4u/applemouse.html

I've read that using the right command key and click also works so you may not need this program.

It's not ideal but from using Windows, I've found that it doesn't do very well with drivers. I had an external firewire burner that OS X recognized without any problem but every time I booted XP, it showed up as a generic drive that wouldn't work and every single time, I'd have to go into properties and choose the update driver option. Then after about a month or so, the setting just randomly fixed. You can maybe dig around in the device manager to see what the trackpad is using and see if there are options somewhere.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I don't think so, it should just work. In the mean time, you can use this utility to allow you to use control-click as right-click:

http://www.geocities.com/pronto4u/applemouse.html

Bad idea; ctrl-click is already needed for certain things.

Better solution: InputRemapper ( http://olofsson.info/index.html?inputremapper.html ).

Quote:

I've read that using the right command key and click also works so you may not need this program.

Yes, in certain versions of Boot Camp.