Tool for .VOB Joining: D-Vision. Also encoding. FYI

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was really not sure where to put this, Mods feel free to move, ......so I was cracking my brain on converting a DVD for a few months. Since upon loading VIDEO_TS, FFMpegX was not pulling the audio properly. So I went to the VOBs itself. Opened a single VOB in FFMpegX, and voila, the sound was there. Now, dilemma: there are 3 title tracks. VLC opening the VIDEO_TS as DVD with menus works. However, each title track spans 1 max size VOB and one subsequent smaller VOB. Voila, Dvision3 is a useful app that has the VOB Joining tool. So, joined the 2 VOBs into one, for each title, and now encoding via FFMpegX into XVID AVI. Again, reason for this workaround is because the normal way of choosing the "Title" in the FFMpegX loading the whole VIDEO_TS was giving me no sound for some reason.

Additionally, there has been a lot of negative reviews of Quicktime MPEG2 component not playing audio. Consider how you might use it with "Mpeg Streamclip" application, it will be worth your while.

Just brief notes to quickly write down some info for y'all before my brain flushes its "buffer" and fills it with some other info. 8) Hope it is of some help for some of you.

Another point: If you are using MacTheRipper, you should be able to rip DVDs quite alright. However, if you do encounter problems with newer DVDs, in PC-land they talk about using this program called RipIt4Me which works in conjunction with DVDDecrypter to do something with "PSL" (Protected Sector List) to successfully rip and decrypt the latest DVD titles that might not be able to be successfully ripped with DVDDecrypter by itself. If you have an Intel Mac or PC you can consider RipIt4Me in Windows.

Back to the main two things I was talking about earlier:

MPEG Streamclip Tutorial, Google for MpegStreamclip download application location

http://www.mhouse-j.com/quicktime/en...treamclip.html

http://www.objectifmac.com/dvision.php

Dvision 3 screenshot - for VOB joining/splitting, AVI joining/splitting

(Tools button, be sure when adding to queue you have to click the "Launch" button to start queue)