Microsoft are showing a lack of confidence to me.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This images is one of the boot images you see while you are waiting for Vista to finish installing and boot for the first time.

"Spend less time fixing problams and enjoy a faster, more reliable onling expirence with Windows Vista."

For a start they have been working on Vista for 5 years, and that's the best they can come up with?

This to me says a few things;

(1) They have very little imagination.

(2) They are stupid.

(3) Microsoft is telling users right off the bat, they will indeed spend time fixing problems, albeit less.

(Why the hell would they even mention anything about fixing problems on the first boot.)

(4) Microsoft is openly admitting that XP wasn't really reliable, and that Vista is simply, more reliable. (very weak statement there)

(5) If you lied before then why should we believe you this time?

(6) Any idiot could have thought of a much better collection of words to go with that image.

Even if they said something like "With Windows Vista's advanced security features, you can feel safe".

Even that that took me a whole two seconds to come up with would have been better.

Imagine after spending 5 years and billions of dollars, they just throw in this stupid statement.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I think they're showing a lack of confidence overall with the release of Vista. Currently, there are Windows Vista ads cluttering the hallway of my high school. They're trying to get students to go to Best Buy and enter to win a $25,000 Windows Computer Lab for the school. Keep in mind that in my high school, besides our small CAD lab, there are about 10 PCs, of which about 4 are used. Is Microsoft really that worried about initial sales of Vista that they've gone to advertising in an all-Mac high school?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Thats all they can think of because its true...they say a safer enviroment.well its safer buts surley not safe. Microsoft knows that vista isnt that great, its an inntial wow and thats it. they know that they may go under with this OS. It feels to me they are almost going Thanks for purchasing windows Vista!!!! We promise the next one will be out soon. it feels like this is just a little well not little...expensive fill in for vienna. This is almost like the we'll say 10.5 operating system( i dunno where i got 10.5 from but work with me) and xp was 10. I dont know.. i used Vista RC1 HATED it. Yesterday bought my first apple. that shows my thoughts on vista and microsoft. Y
  • Reply 3 of 5
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Can they not afford to higher graphic designers? I mean, good God, look at that screen.

An awkwardly arranged and undersized trio of not very well rendered objects, each of which apparently is living in its own reflective environment, all dropped to the bottom of an aquarium. And was it absolutely necessary to put another, even uglier desktop on the half-assed picture of the LCD monitor?

What kind of people look at that image and say "Yes, that conveys fewer problems and security"?

Because there's a, you know, shield looking thing. Which is made out of colored plastic. And kinda propped up in front there, where it seems to be taking its shielding duties a little casually. But it sure is shiny.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Haha, ya that sheild looks totally vulnerable...and what's up with the crappy fonts? I can barely read what it says at the bottom!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    5 years, little if any well thought out intelligent decisions, and one crappy crappy font environment later... Windows Vitsa. I'm not just saying this becuase I like Mac's, but honestly it's like Microsoft actually wants Vista to fail.