direct connect "DCGUI" on Mac OS X

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Heya Brad. I need to ask you a favor. Would be so kind as to compile a program for me? its called DC GUI. <a href="http://dc.ketelhot.de/"; target="_blank">Here is where its source can be downloaded.</a>

After its been compiled could you send it to me? Ive been using Java DC but its getting sort of annoying.. The DC developer has been promising a Mac OS X version of Direct Connect (DC) since early March of this year. I'd really appreciate it if you could do this for me.

Oh, and dont use the email address in my profile.. I rarely check that account. Use [email protected]

Thanks,

PiBO2k2

[ 10-31-2002: Message edited by: Brad ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    come on brad.. i know youre there. lol
  • Reply 2 of 11
    I'll give it a try, but no promises.

Not all linux and unix apps will compile just fine on Mac OS X, especially if there are dependencies on other custom libraries. That's why the fink project was set up. The people that work on fink take these open source programs, fix whatever code needs to be modified to run on Mac OS X, and then distribute that code or just the binaries for you to use.

I'll try it in a few minutes and let you know if it works.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Yup, already tried and failed. It needs some libraries that I don't have.

I'm changing the title of the tread now so that you're more likely to get help from others. I'm also moving it to the Software forum.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    By the way, there IS a pre-compiled snapshot available to download for Mac OS X 10.1-10.2 at that link.

You will need to get and install the libraries qt lib and bz2 lib yourself. fink can probably help you with this.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by Brad:

<strong>By the way, there IS a pre-compiled snapshot available to download for Mac OS X 10.1-10.2 at that link.

You will need to get and install the libraries qt lib and bz2 lib yourself. fink can probably help you with this.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Where? The daily cvsroot or the snapshot

daily source snapshot ?
  • Reply 6 of 11
    How would I tell Fink to install qt lib and bz2 lib? or how would I download and install then otherwise?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    [quote]Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2:

<strong>How would I tell Fink to install qt lib and bz2 lib? or how would I download and install then otherwise?</strong><hr></blockquote>

[code]sudo fink install qt2 qt3 bzip2</pre><hr></blockquote>

from the commandline.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by thuh Freak:

<strong>[code]sudo fink install qt2 qt3 bzip2</pre><hr></blockquote>

from the commandline.</strong><hr></blockquote>

ok what about the make command 'Make'? I found Qt and it needs that to install.. I'll post the exact error as a screenshot later on tonight.
  • Reply 9 of 11

<strong>[code]sudo fink install qt2 qt3 bzip2</pre><hr></blockquote>

from the commandline.</strong>&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

ok what about the make command 'Make'? I found Qt and it needs that to install.. I'll post the exact error as a screenshot later on tonight.[/QB]<hr></blockquote>

As I promised here it is:

When I click on that I takes me to the normal installation screen.

What can you guy make of that? Make! Get it? Just a little joke.

Thanks in advance for any help that I may recieve.

PiBO2k2
  • Reply 10 of 11
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member

<strong>ok what about the make command 'Make'? I found Qt and it needs that to install.. I'll post the exact error as a screenshot later on tonight.</strong><hr></blockquote>

fink takes care of everything. if u do that fink command, and wiat a while for it to finish, u'll have those things installed (qt & bz2), assuming fink doesn't choke on some kind of error.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Is there ever going to be an installer for regular, stupid Mac people?