Macbook/Macbook Pro Owners - Would YOU have done it differently...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Me - I would have bought a Macbook to go with my iMac 20" Core Duo. I can not tell you the number of times it would have come in handy and under the most unusual circumstances. Mainly when asked by family and friends to help them with - yes - their Windows machine. With a Macbook, I could have shown everyone just what it is like to work on the Mac and use OS X. Without it - all I could do is talk about the Mac's great features. So I guess it is true - a picture is worth a thousand words.

This will soon change when Leopard ships and the Macbook is upgraded.

So - current owners would you have made the same purchase knowing what you now know? If so why? If you could go back in time, what would you have changed or added?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    If you are getting something to show off, think about something else.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kcmac View Post

If you are getting something to show off, think about something else.

For me the Macbook is fine - what I am showing "off" is OS X.

But really the main point of the thread is the current owners and what if anything you/they would have done differently.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Synapcoreb View Post

For me the Macbook is fine - what I am showing "off" is OS X.

But really the main point of the thread is the current owners and what if anything you/they would have done differently.

This is my first post using my new 17" Macbook Pro. It is truly a stunning machine that shows off everything great about what Apple offers. Plus I got it second hand on eBay so I got a great deal too! 8) I would never go back to buying an iMac after having used this!