Next ipod coming...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Does anyone have any ideas as to when it will be coming out. I dont want to get the one currently on the market and then in a month a newer model comes out. What is thought to be in the next generation of ipods vs. what is currently being used.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    it's called the iphone. it's coming out around june ...
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

it's called the iphone. it's coming out around june ...

im glad your joking...
  • Reply 3 of 11
    cato988cato988 Posts: 307member
    hes not talking about the iPhone or he would have asked about it. Hopefully a video ipod ocmes out in the next 3 months
  • Reply 4 of 11
    i quote that dude who works for apple. " not only can this be used as a phone, but it's our most advanced ipod as well." he said something like that. therefore i'm correct.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    cato988cato988 Posts: 307member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

i quote that dude who works for apple. " not only can this be used as a phone, but it's our most advanced ipod as well." he said something like that. therefore i'm correct.

lol that dude who works for apple? You mean Steve Jobs, the guy that IS apple? ha

yea, it can be used as an iPod (an ipod with 4-8 gigs), but on here, when people say whens the next ipod coming out, they mean whens the 100 gig, widescreen true video ipod coming out.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    no it's not steve jobs, i know his name it's one of his high end employees. i saw a iphone vid on youtube and he was showing off the iphone.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    well i want an ipod, but i dont want somthing coming out in like 2 months and then my ipod becomes old. anyone have any ideas about what realistic things would be in the new ipod?
  • Reply 8 of 11
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    You wont see an iPod with any features that are exclusive of the iPhone until after you see the iPhone. Basically If you think Apple is going to release an iPod soon expect it to be a basic upgrade to the current line. Apple wont do a Wide screen iPod until after iPhone, or anything like that.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

You wont see an iPod with any features that are exclusive of the iPhone until after you see the iPhone. Basically If you think Apple is going to release an iPod soon expect it to be a basic upgrade to the current line. Apple wont do a Wide screen iPod until after iPhone, or anything like that.

Precisely ... the multi-touch technology is BRAND NEW. Apple isn't going to slap it in their best-selling consumer product without seeing how it goes over on its Guinea Pig device (the iPhone). The iPod as it currently sits is only about 6 months old. Waiting another 3 - 4 to make sure that their next move (Multi-Touch, widescreen, larger HDD, longer bat life, WiFi and/or bluetooth, etc.) doesn't seem so bad. With the iPhone coming out, it'll become very interesting to see where the iPod line goes...
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bforce3 View Post

well i want an ipod, but i dont want somthing coming out in like 2 months and then my ipod becomes old. anyone have any ideas about what realistic things would be in the new ipod?

My best advice is to buy one, then eBay it here in like 4 months and then buy the new one. I've done that with every iPod revision since the 3rd gen. You'll still get a fairly good price for your "obsolete" iPod.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AgNuke1707 View Post

Precisely ... the multi-touch technology is BRAND NEW. Apple isn't going to slap it in their best-selling consumer product without seeing how it goes over on its Guinea Pig device (the iPhone). The iPod as it currently sits is only about 6 months old. Waiting another 3 - 4 to make sure that their next move (Multi-Touch, widescreen, larger HDD, longer bat life, WiFi and/or bluetooth, etc.) doesn't seem so bad. With the iPhone coming out, it'll become very interesting to see where the iPod line goes...

I agree. My guess is that it's also part of the reason for their particularly conservative financial guidance; they're anticipating a bit of a sag in iPod sales while people wait for the next generation (which is fairly obviously forthcoming but probably won't be until the fall).