Apple Certified Refurbished Products....

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi,

I recently found out about Apple Certified Refurbished Products, which offer pretty big savings on Apple products. What i'm wondering is: Are the Macs just as good as new Macs? Do they come with the same stuff as new Macs (Apple Remote etc)? Would you advise buying one?

Thanks.

Edit: Just had a look around the Apple Certified Refurbished Products a bit more and my questions have been answered. Apart from whether you would recomend one or not?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    tinktink Posts: 395member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Top_Slacker View Post

Hi,

I recently found out about Apple Certified Refurbished Products, which offer pretty big savings on Apple products. What i'm wondering is: Are the Macs just as good as new Macs? Do they come with the same stuff as new Macs (Apple Remote etc)? Would you advise buying one?

Thanks.

Edit: Just had a look around the Apple Certified Refurbished Products a bit more and my questions have been answered. Apart from whether you would recomend one or not?

And if there is anything the matter I send them right back. The last 2 2Ghz G5's I had Rev 1 and Rev 2 I bought had issues. So while they are suppose to be good as new they could have issues. I think this is more a potential issue with new models though as I haven't issues in the past. I got my G5's when they were first introduced and there seemed to be a few bugs in the new design when they first shipped.

I went through the tech support trouble shooting steps with Apple phone tech (making sure that they logged the issues) prior to replacement. After all the trouble shooting steps failed I sent them back for replacements and they have been super reliable workhorses ever since.