Vista BootCamp

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey, I want to go out and buy a copy of vista to mess around with, but does vista run on bootcamp? Anyone Tested it yet? Also Can I get the upgrade version, also is there a way to get rid of xp on bootcamp without destroying files on my mac side?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    bevosbevos Posts: 59member
    Remember Bootcamp is beta. So no complaining to Apple. Vista runs well on Bootcamp, not so well in Parallel but that will change when they come out of Beta for both of them.

Upgrade need XP installed, yes installed, I would go for a full copy of Vista, Clean installed. $60 more, for less problems.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Im not gonna complain I just wanted to know if it could run it or not
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Anyone know if there is a wa to get rid of vista and XP once installed through bootcamp without hurting the mac side?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    bevosbevos Posts: 59member
    Bootcamp creates a partition, which divides your harddisk up into parts so Windows is seperate part from the Macintosh, Delete Windows will not effect your macintosh stuff, Remember to get the space back. A simple way to remove the partition is to use Boot Camp Assistant.

Remember this delete everything in Windows so backup your windows files if you have any.

Oow its good you don't complain . Just another point if you buy Vista, you can run any version in Bootcamp. But if you decide to get parallel to run Vista and Mac OS at the same time then you need Utimate or Enterprise to be legal.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I have Vista RC-2 running on mac mini using bootcamp. Everything runs great with some minor hiccups here and there.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Thanks Bevos I think i'll be picking a copy of Wannabe OSX soon to give it a try. Thanks for all the help guys.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    So for the final time...

No known problems buying a brand new Windows Vista Home Premium and installing it on a Macbook Pro via bootcamp ?

Do I need to do anything different when installing since the beta was made for XP ?

Thanks in advance guys - and sorry for bringing up this subject yet again, I'm just looking for a clear answer once and for all.

Regards,

Soeren