Carracho reliability

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I was wondering if any Carracho Admins around here are experiencing the ridiculous amount of crashing I am in Carracho Server X/Carracho.

I'm using beta 8 on OS X 10.1.4. It HARD crashes OS X by the end of the day. I just use AIM, IE, and iTunes, and Stickies, besides this app. It takes out OS X as easily as OS 9! :eek: This definitely lowers my opinion of the "mighty" OS X. I am not stupid, Force Quitting everything doesn't work, and sometimes Force Quit won't even come up. Clicking it in the Apple menu does nothing, same when I try to select Log Out. I tried launching the Terminal and it never loaded (I was thinking TOP)

Will Jaguar fix this? I'm getting Jaguar tomorrow probably. I just got a 120gig Maxtor and I'm extremely annoyed with Carracho's crappiness. It's been like this for years. I was hoping OS X would at least stay up when Carracho bombed.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Do you have the newest client ?

[quote] Carracho Client 1.0b8r2 and Carracho Server 1.0b8r3 has been released. This release features only minor updates and an extended expiration period. Please stay tuned for new major updates.

<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 2 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yes I have the latest and it crashed while I was posting earlier (that means AGAIN, after rebooting 10 minutes ago.)

I have a Keyspan remote so its drivers are running, as well as FruitMenu and Windowshades X.

Damnit all I want is a stable Carracho.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    I always wonder why people have so many problems with X's stability when I have had zero, maybe it's because you all install shitty third party software that you use to make X feel more like that dead POS, OS 9.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    If you hate 3rd party software I know a kind of <a href="http://www.microsoft.com"; target="_blank">computer operating system</a> you'd like...

OS X is supposed to be invincible. I didn't install KEXTs or anything.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    So what is coming up for Carracho, they said "Stay tuned for important announcements" on their page...!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    If it is of any consolation to you at all, I run jaguar, even 10.2.1, and I hard crash, the way you describe it, just about every day, and I don't use third-party system enhancers. I'm puzzled.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    I gave up being a server for Carracho because of this hard crash problem. Too bad for Carracho traders because I have a fast (T1) connection. It's the only app I've used that crashes bad enough to make the whole system unuseable.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Nice handle.

It hard crashes Jag? Dammit. I hope their new version fixes this. It's REALLY pissing me off that I have to reboot OS X daily.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Still crashing... hard crashing daily.

Does Carracho Server crash 10.2.2?

I'm getting Jag "RSN?" I sure hope that fixes things.

It seems opening more than one connection in the client or using iTunes makes Carracho crash. They just updated the client, I'll see if that changes anything.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Nope, under 10.1.4, with Carracho Server/Client open, and maybe iTunes, AIM, and Chimera, it still crashes. So bad it requires a reboot. Ouch.