Question about Applecare

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
My apologies if this is the wrong place for my question, but no forum seemed to be suited well for it, so I figured that it could belong here by some stretch \

At the end of January, I ordered my BlackBook, Photoshop Elements, and a keyboard for music related things. Of course I got Photoshop and the keyboard several days before the computer, and as soon as the status of those two items changed to 'shipped' in my account, the Applecare section changed to 'complete'. The computer came this past Wednesday, and for some reason, I feel like I probably should have received some sort of software or information about the Applecare plan that I purchased, although I have recieved nothing of the sort. I was under the impression that I would get the little box, like you see th the Apple stores... should I worry/make some phone calls, expect it later, or is it just an auto enroll deal since I ordered online? I looked around on apple.com and I didn't find any answers, although there is a very good possibility that I totally missed something extremely obvious, since I am oh so smart and all 8)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by i blame history View Post

My apologies if this is the wrong place for my question, but no forum seemed to be suited well for it, so I figured that it could belong here by some stretch \

At the end of January, I ordered my BlackBook, Photoshop Elements, and a keyboard for music related things. Of course I got Photoshop and the keyboard several days before the computer, and as soon as the status of those two items changed to 'shipped' in my account, the Applecare section changed to 'complete'. The computer came this past Wednesday, and for some reason, I feel like I probably should have received some sort of software or information about the Applecare plan that I purchased, although I have recieved nothing of the sort. I was under the impression that I would get the little box, like you see th the Apple stores... should I worry/make some phone calls, expect it later, or is it just an auto enroll deal since I ordered online? I looked around on apple.com and I didn't find any answers, although there is a very good possibility that I totally missed something extremely obvious, since I am oh so smart and all 8)

If you chose the Auto-Enroll option, you were enrolled as soon as the order status on AppleCare changed to complete. You will receive a CD and a certificate confirming your registration within a couple of weeks. (I went through this myself when I bought my MBP and called Apple about it.)