Wiifi Network Help

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey!

I have a CD Intel 20" iMac and I am wondering if there is anyway to create an outgoing wifi network. Specifically, I have Wii and my girlfriend has a macbook and I would like to create a wireless network, that is, connect the macbook and wii to the imac through wifi, and then the imac is wired to the internet.

The airport controls seem pretty intuitive yet I can't figure them out correctly. Could anyone walk me through this?

thanks so much

kcd

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kcdstudios View Post

Hey!

I have a CD Intel 20" iMac and I am wondering if there is anyway to create an outgoing wifi network. Specifically, I have Wii and my girlfriend has a macbook and I would like to create a wireless network, that is, connect the macbook and wii to the imac through wifi, and then the imac is wired to the internet.

The airport controls seem pretty intuitive yet I can't figure them out correctly. Could anyone walk me through this?

thanks so much

kcd

Go to the Internet tab of the Sharing pane of System Preferences. Set the 'Share your connection from' to Built-in Ethernet and 'To computers using' to Airport. use the 'Airport Options' button to set your security setting you want.

Hope this helps.