Timbuktu question... port routing ::

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
If I have 2-3 macs on a router [so obviously, they all would have the same WAN IP].....

how would I connect to them individually? How am I able to change the default port of the other two [from port 407] to allow this connection?

Am I able to say which port I'm wanting to use from the WAN-side? Will the IP locator still work? [since all three would have the same IP]

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by badtz:

<strong>If I have 2-3 macs on a router [so obviously, they all would have the same WAN IP].....

how would I connect to them individually? How am I able to change the default port of the other two [from port 407] to allow this connection?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Dear badtz &amp; Friends

Frustrating, isn&rsquo;t it? No, you can&rsquo;t tell Timbuktu which port to use. Maybe Netopia will make this an option in Timbuktu 7.

For now you have to log into one machine and use it to log into another.

Sincerely,

Jaddie
  • Reply 2 of 5
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    ..... I heard you can use it behind a NAT router, and it'll sort out okay ?

true?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    jaddiejaddie Posts: 110member
    [quote]Originally posted by badtz:

<strong>..... I heard you can use it behind a NAT router, and it'll sort out okay ?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Dear badtz &amp; Friends

Yes. Just point Timbuktu to the IP on your local network.

Sincerely,

Jaddie
  • Reply 4 of 5
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jaddie:

<strong>

Dear badtz &amp; Friends

Yes. Just point Timbuktu to the IP on your local network.

Sincerely,

Jaddie</strong><hr></blockquote>

......... I meant with multiple users behind the NAT router ??? by logging in via IP locator service [email address] ???
  • Reply 5 of 5
    fobiefobie Posts: 216member
    If you really need to do this you can always change the portforward in the NAT-config to the computer you want to use.