My mac so sloww in watching movie

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
can you all help me? why my iBook G3 500 mhz and 386 RAM is really slow in watching movies in internet? the picture and sounds are cut and really slow. I even cannot use VLC to watch DVD coz it said damn slow. please someone gimme advice. I am currently running mac 10.3.9 panther.

if I change my Ram, is it possible that my iBook getting faster when I watch movie.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Nope, you're pretty screwed. Use DVD Player to watch DVDs, but other than that, you'll have to upgrade to play most of the videos you find on the internet. Even the faster decoders for Xvid or Divx I found weren't able to play videos smoothly on that machine.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Can anyone remember when playing a video clip was one of the LEAST intensive tasks?... \
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wilsonzz View Post

can you all help me? why my iBook G3 500 mhz and 386 RAM is really slow in watching movies in internet? the picture and sounds are cut and really slow. I even cannot use VLC to watch DVD coz it said damn slow. please someone gimme advice. I am currently running mac 10.3.9 panther.

if I change my Ram, is it possible that my iBook getting faster when I watch movie.

As others have pointed out, your RAM is barely adequate to run MacOS X 10.3.9. However, I bet dollars to donuts that you don't have nearly enough free hard drive space. You need 10% of your total hard drive capacity as free space so that your virtual memory system will have enough headroom to operate properly.