Beyond the Rumor Sites MY ASS.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
It's a lamp. A stupid lamp. A friggin' lamp with a superdrive WHOOPPIIEEEEE!

Beyond the rumor sites my ass.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 53
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Who knows is Apple was talking about the iMac when they said that?
  • Reply 2 of 53
    There is no competition to this new imac from any PC vendor. Beyond is only the beginning. Watch the stock explode tommorow.
  • Reply 3 of 53
    Beyond the rumor sites

Apple was probably referring to the design.

Full Speed ahead, lust factor 10

Fast compared to old iMac, styling again

To boldly go where no PC has gone before

Digital hub

I am vacillating between despair and hope that there is more than a new iMac and iPhoto.
  • Reply 4 of 53
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    It looks...deflated.
  • Reply 4 of 53
    The point is, this is NOT BEYOND THE RUMOR SITES. The idea of a flat screen imac, a flat screen imac witha supredrive, a flatscreen imac G4 has been floated on these sites since before MACWORLD NY '01!

There is NO WAY this is beyond the rumors.

I am so bummed.
  • Reply 6 of 53
    Nobody, except a few people such as Kormac, expected a G4 in the iMac. I think that's what is "beyond" rumor sites. Everyone said the iMac would use a G3?ThinkSecret, AppleInsider, EEtTimes, BusinessWeek, SpyMac, MOSR, AppleTurns,Xlr8yourmac, <a href="http://www.macrumours.com,"; target="_blank">www.macrumours.com,</a> MacObserver, MacNN, MacMinute...the list goes on.

Name ONE major news/rumours website that said the iMac would use a G4.

And the fact that it has a SuperDrive is another thing most did not expect so soon.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Nostradamus ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 53
    x704x704 Posts: 276member
    [quote]Originally posted by gloobes:

<strong>The point is, this is NOT BEYOND THE RUMOR SITES. The idea of a flat screen imac, a flat screen imac witha supredrive, a flatscreen imac G4 has been floated on these sites since before MACWORLD NY '01!

There is NO WAY this is beyond the rumors.

I am so bummed.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Your a tough sell aren't you? Anyway, you need to remember that this is only one of the annoucements they're making. Perhaps you should wait to hear the rest. Personally I think the new iMac is quite impressive (even if the design takes a little getting used to).
  • Reply 8 of 53
    ferroferro Posts: 453member
    what is steve smoking... the iLamp???

that man has an obsession with pixar...

unless that LCD panel comes off...

that'd be cool then...

E PLURIBUS UNIX

-----------------------------

• Reply 8 of 53
    I doubt this release was an accident. Time Canada's page is still up. another teaser.

Tomorrow's gonna be fun.
  • Reply 10 of 53
    I remember before Macworld NY '01 all the sites saying that we'll get a flatscreen imac. The way out there predictions suggested that hey, maybe it'll be G4!!!

Now while we all knew that was unlikey the fact is - this is no where near WAY beyond the rumor sites. WAY beyond? Way beyond is just that - something that exceeds the expectations.

All I'm saying is that WAY beyond is too bold a statement for this ... lamp.
  • Reply 11 of 53
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I'm still hopeful for something more. Even if this screen comes off, that wouldn't be anything that wasn't suggested already.

The screen does look like it could be handled alone and I don't think any pictures show the back. I'm curious....
  • Reply 12 of 53
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    jesus, Nostradamus, half the world's popoulation were hoping and expecting a G4 and flat panel display in the new iMac! It is NOT a kormac thing! Why do you insist on this? That wasn't even the thrust of his posting. it apparently does not have DNA/Domino/wireless TiVo thingy and display. He was wrong. again.
  • Reply 13 of 53
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    ...and once again, despite our best efforts, marketing hype is taken literally. Surprise. Hey, even I was getting wrapped up in the "whole new thing" part. But let's get a grip. It's an iMac that no one imagined regardless. You were expecting holograph decks? Allow me to complete the thought:

"Apple lied! They have singled me out in all the world and they have hurt me personally because I invest too much emotion and faith into dumb computers! I will never buy an Apple again and will spend the rest of my days trolling these boards with snide one-line disparagements of Apple and Apple users. "

How was that?
  • Reply 14 of 53
    sebseb Posts: 676member

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: seb ]</p>
  • Reply 14 of 53
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Who knows is Apple was talking about the iMac when they said that?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh I think its safe to assume that now. Steve Jobs said "this is the greatest thing we have ever done" in the Time interview. That being the case I think that in his eyes this is beyond the rumor sites. Way beyond.
  • Reply 16 of 53
    I know it's not the end of the world or anything. I know it's just a computer (or lamp, depending on how you look at it.)

But I just wish that one little Beyond the Rumors hype was never posted. That directly was hyping US! The crazy mac people.

Well ... maybe it can double as a bong. Or maybe it actually IS A LAMP! That's WAY beyond the rumors.

:-)
  • Reply 17 of 53
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by apple.otaku:

<strong>

Oh I think its safe to assume that now. Steve Jobs said "this is the greatest thing we have ever done" in the Time interview. That being the case I think that in his eyes this is beyond the rumor sites. Way beyond.</strong><hr></blockquote>

OK then, I didn't read the whole article so I didn't know. I guess it was the iMac that they've been talking about afterall.
  • Reply 18 of 53
    star trek fans and conspiracy theorists...remember, the enterprise could split into 2 with the saucer section detaching from the "base". where no PC has gone before????
  • Reply 19 of 53
    david rdavid r Posts: 135member
    I still think that they are releasing another iGadget tomorrow. I don't think that this is going to blow anyone away. Cool, yes, blow away, no.
  • Reply 20 of 53
    Here is my question though, do YOU GUYS think that this is WAY beyond the rumor sites?

Frankly I think most of the ideas that have generated from here have been more creative, inspiring, and original than what we've seen from Apple. Don't get me wrong, I still love apple, I just think that the rumor sites have not been one-upped.

Apple should really hire some of the creative minds that dream up some great (and in my opinion feasible) stuff here.

"Oh and there is one more thing." The San fran crowd brims with excitement. "The new iMac is also ... a LAMP!" Steve grins, "Isn't that just so cool? Watch - there's a little button here and POOF! The mac LIGHTS up!"