Can't connect computer to new Airport Extreme

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi guys, I have just received the new Airport Extreme with draft-N. I must admit that I am a novice when it comes to setting up networks. After a whole night of tinkering with settings (WEP, WPA etc), I am still encountering problems connecting my PC to the Airport Extreme router. Somehow, my PS3 can see my new network and connect to it, but my PC can't even see the network no matter what settings I try.

For your information, I am running a Sony Vaio TR2 notebook with Wifi (B+G) built into the Centrino chip. I originally thought that my drivers must be out of date. However, even with updated drivers from Intel, I still can't connect to the network via my PC.

Any ideas? Thank you so much in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Solved the problem. It turns out that my PC only has 11 Wifi channels and Airport Extreme by default uses channel 13. Once I change the channel, the connection works like a charm.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by xaikar View Post

Hi guys, I have just received the new Airport Extreme with draft-N. I must admit that I am a novice when it comes to setting up networks. After a whole night of tinkering with settings (WEP, WPA etc), I am still encountering problems connecting my PC to the Airport Extreme router. Somehow, my PS3 can see my new network and connect to it, but my PC can't even see the network no matter what settings I try.

For your information, I am running a Sony Vaio TR2 notebook with Wifi (B+G) built into the Centrino chip. I originally thought that my drivers must be out of date. However, even with updated drivers from Intel, I still can't connect to the network via my PC.

Any ideas? Thank you so much in advance!