MB Camera not working :(

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My camera stopped working. What gives? When I try to use it with Photo Booth or any other application I get the message that ?no camera is attached or the camera is in use by another application." I get this message even when no other application is open.

Am I missing a file? Did I delete something I shouldn?t have? PB, AIM, YIM? None of my applications can access my MB camera.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    I had the same problem, took the MacBook to an authorised repair store, they replaced the iSight ans I am now fine. This problem seems to be cropping up pretty regularly now. I was the first case, you are the fourth in just three weeks.

What happened with Apple three weeks ago? There should be a reason for this cropping up now in the last three weeks.

Cheers
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tilt View Post

I had the same problem, took the MacBook to an authorised repair store, they replaced the iSight ans I am now fine. This problem seems to be cropping up pretty regularly now. I was the first case, you are the fourth in just three weeks.

What happened with Apple three weeks ago? There should be a reason for this cropping up now in the last three weeks.

Cheers

Did they identify the problem? Was something physically wrong with the camera? When did you get your Macbook? Was it one of the original early units?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    No it was not an early unit, I bought it in July 2007 from Apple online. They did not identify the problem. The dealer just said it could be a camera issue and decided to order a new camera to check, that's all.

Cheers