false positives and junk mail

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Much of my e-mail that isn't spam ends up in the Junk mail folder.

I've fiddled with the various settings in the Mail preferences, and I deleted the Info.plist files in the Junk mail folders, but, a lot of mail still ends up in the Junk folder.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    When they do end up in the junk folder, do you select them and click "not junk". That's one of the ways mail learns.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Definitely, and the Not Junk button for mail that lands in Junk folder but isn't.

But, it doesn't seem to have much of an effect. Even when I send mail to myself, it ends up in the Junk folder.

Gets a little annoying after a while.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Do you have yourself and other email addresses entered in the Address Book. Mail should not mark those as junk.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Endymion View Post

Do you have yourself and other email addresses entered in the Address Book. Mail should not mark those as junk.

Yes, I do that too.

Still, no luck with the false positives.http://forums.appleinsider.com/images/smilies/1mad.gif
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Try resetting the Junk Mail database. Go to Preferences-->Junk Mail and select Reset...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Endymion View Post

Try resetting the Junk Mail database. Go to Preferences-->Junk Mail and select Reset...

Thanks - - I did that and now it seemes to be working better.