Problems since updates!

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Since updating my mac book...the dock hasn't wanted to be found when hiding...restarting has sorted that..but now mail doesn't want to acknowledge when I have read a new message. The blue dot remains as unread. Anybody had any issues since the last updates?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    No but do yourself a favor and don't upade your adobe flash player when you see one.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    1st1st Posts: 443member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matracer View Post

Since updating my mac book...the dock hasn't wanted to be found when hiding...restarting has sorted that..but now mail doesn't want to acknowledge when I have read a new message. The blue dot remains as unread. Anybody had any issues since the last updates?

I got another problem: since update my i-mac, the safari become very slow and eventually lost the link to internet (even the connection is fine for mail or other application). It need to re-start the computer in order for the safari work again. Anyone got an idea how to fix it? thanks. (restart two times a day is pain... empty cache wasn't that much help)...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Since we are bitching about the latest rounds of updates...

My CD MBP 15" is set to require a password when bringing it out of a screen saver, startup, or log out. The usual super paranoid settings.

Well, when I activate the screen saver or shut the lid (put it to sleep) and reopen or bring it out of the screen saver, it doesn't ask for a password and goes straigt into my account.

Any thoughts?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Have you repaired permission with Disk Utility. I have noticed that it's a good idea to do this after each install. The Disk Utility program is in Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
  • Reply 5 of 6
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    I was also getting the crazy dock thing the other day on my PB. Had to restart multiple times. The dock just would hardly come out of hiding. On our iMac, the widget dock was open and you could not open the regular dock at all or get the widget dock to leave.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    1st1st Posts: 443member
    for what ever the reason, the latest install worked for me....so far the safari has been OK for 2 days now. apple got remote fix? that would be a new IP...