Is this possible in OSX - Mapping keys

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey, I'm about to buy a Macbook from the US (living in Sweden). I have a few questions regarding the keyboard though.

Is it possible to map certain keys on the keyboard to different letters/signs than the original ones? - why would I want that? - because I'd like to be able to use the extra three swedish letters (å,ä,ö) without having to use the swedish keyboard layout (because then almost no sign would write whats written on the key).

Then all buttons on the english keyboard would type whats written on them except for these three buttons (See Image) which would type å,ä,ö instead. Holding shift while pressing them would type Å,Ä,Ö.

So people - is this possible somehow, either in directly in OSX settings or in some other way?

And by the way: whats the standard sign for each of the three buttons above, and whats the combination for the other signs written on them?

Edit: could this app. do the trick: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14495

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    as far as I know, there is none. I could be wrong, but I don't think there is.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Ukelele should help you.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker View Post

Ukelele should help you.

Goodie.

What about this - "whats the standard sign for each of the three buttons above, and whats the combination for writing any of the other signs written on them?"