Beating a dead horse . . . new displays????

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Just curious if anyone has heard anything about new Apple displays. Would like to get a 23", but it's been so long since they've been upgraded and price reduced. Am I dreaming at this point? I imagine/hope the next version will have camera built in?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    The display line is linked to the MacPro line?and its time for an overall refresh of both. My guess is that it will be a ?fresh slate? type of event, where both the new MacPro and the display line are introduced at the release of 10.5. The best guess for this is June at the WWDC, but with Apple, they always keep you guessing.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    julesjules Posts: 149member
    I had heard rumours of a 33"'er, that was some time back however. One wonders if they launch that then their whole line may be revamped...

who knows...

I want the price to come down before they start tacking on more features...
  • Reply 3 of 15
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I'd be upset if Apple waited on WWDC to update the Mac Pro and Displays but you never know with Apple. I think they will announce them with Leopard. I think they should anyway, but again when and what Apple does usually surprises me. But like most people, I think the iSight Camera will be built in just like the Laptops, and the iMac. It's going to get people using iChat video a lot more. Me for one.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    40" will be the new size.

...man....Apple displays are really lacking these days...
  • Reply 5 of 15
    I don't think they are lacking as much as they are simply too expensive. BTW, did they ever solve the pink hue issue in the 23" display ?
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Loop Rumors says both new MacPros (including HD) plus new displays at NAB in April.

http://www.looprumors.com/index.php?...ac-pros-at-nab
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GerryB View Post

I don't think they are lacking as much as they are simply too expensive. BTW, did they ever solve the pink hue issue in the 23" display ?

Obvious answers to an Apple user. I would say "Pink Who?"

1st post or troll. You decide?
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Does anyone else think this loop rumors reads like MOSR.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Quote:

What pink hue?

I have one for almost 2 years and no sign of such a thing.

New MacPro and displays are either NAB or WWDC.

If Apple releases Leopard by end of March like some rumors. Then I think NAB could definitely be the place.

I think they will wait for Adobe to release CS3 and Apple release Leopard to finally then announce new pro machines and displays.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Dear Friends

Surely Apple is going to offer an updated Mac Pro at approximately the same time as Adobe's Creative Suite 3 is officially announced.

Photoshop World takes place during the first week of April, so that'd be my best guess as to when CS3 will be announced.

Following shortly after Photoshop World, April 14-19, is the National Association of Broadcasters' tradeshow and convention.

I'd be willing to bet that Apple will at least offer new Mac Pros by the end of April. What I'm unsure of is whether Apple's going to use the surge in demand for updated Mac Pros to clear out existing Cinema Displays, or to sell all-new premium-priced displays.

I don't see how one could fault my logic here.

I really, really would love to know! I've received the official okay from my wife to purchase a new Mac Pro with a big Cinema Display. This will be our first new workstation in six years. I'm dying to hear anything at all from Apple concerning Mac hardware or software and am disappointed that today, a Tuesday, has brought forth no announcements. Throw us a bone, Apple!

Sincerely,

Jaddie
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

In a word..... NO

• Reply 12 of 15
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:

That is harsh... MOSR has such a horrible reputation, it's amazin they still even exist. I think people read them more for comedy than anything at this point.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Quote:

Obvious answers to an Apple user. I would say "Pink Who?"

1st post or troll. You decide?

I have been called much worse than a troll.

And, for all of us, it is our first time once.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Dear Gerry

Quote:

I have been called much worse than a troll.

And, for all of us, it is our first time once.

Keep on beating! This is an important thread!

What about new displays? Are there any?

Sincerely,

Jaddie
  • Reply 15 of 15
    I got my 23" display at work about a year ago and no pink hue. I was worried about it at the time because most of the displaysin the Apple store were noticeably pink (how that was allowed to remain for so long is beyond me). The employees said it was a simple matter of adjustment (not so simple that they would do it on their own machines). Either way they said I could bring mine back, but I never had to.

I'm also waiting to replace my CRT at home with hopefully a 24" Apple monitor at a somewhat more reasonable price point that what they ahve to offer now.